A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Making AI drive any vehicle?

Author Topic: Making AI drive any vehicle? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Masterelite120

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 12:05 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Does anyone know how to go about making a certain AI drive a vehicle which it normally doesn't? Say an Elite driving a warthog? I know it has something to do with the animations but I have no idea how to go about doing it.

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 06:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
When I want a marine to wield a rocket launcher I changed the weapon's label from rl to ar.

Maybe the w-driver in the warthog's seats section needs to be changed or the entire bipeds animation needs to be changed since I don't know if an elite would sit in the hog properly.

Unarmed marines in future Halo games would sit in a warthog standing in a T position so I'll assume the elite would do the same thing or something similar... Maybe try ripping some MP elite that can use vehicles and see how those tags are set up...

Or wait for an actual modding professional to explain this! I like to post help but I am afraid of being totally wrong...

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 07:22 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5868

Specific animations are required. Someone with the same vision as you may have created them in the past but where and when is beyond me.

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 05:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5868

Specific animations are required. Someone with the same vision as you may have created them in the past but where and when is beyond me.

^ This

The hack way is to change the seat names to something the Elite has an animation for.

Example; swap W-Driver to G-Driver.

But that's a hack way and comes with issues of it's own. Like can Marines drive a ghost (I think maybe?)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 27, 2017 4:40 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website