A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Sapien won't try to insert any tags into .scenerio files

Author Topic: Sapien won't try to insert any tags into .scenerio files (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Alkatjo

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 10:37 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
title is self explanatory. i've recently built a new system so naturally i had to reinstall hek+ and it seems sapien won't register any tags that i've already extracted. for example, if i tried to add a new actor variant, when i go to do so there's no conformation or anything and the variant doesn't show up in the drop down list for ai. same goes for weapons and vehicles. i'm a little lost here.

since i've had this problem before i did what i was told all a year ago and move your primary tags folder to the base halo ce folder. Microsoft games -> halo ce -> tags etc.

Edit: Hello?
Edited by Alkatjo on Feb 13, 2017 at 01:05 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 07:57 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I had this problem on my macbook, where I ran it in a virtual machine. I just had to add things in via guerilla if I was using that computer.

Alkatjo

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 02:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Ooooohhh nooo.

Time to learn guerilla i guess.

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 07:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
I think you need to make a squad encounter to place an actor

Or bind it to a biped. I'm not sure ai are placeable outside of the squad tab
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 13, 2017 at 07:49 PM

Alkatjo

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 12:20 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
The problem doesn't lie there, even if i create a squad encounter sapien will refuse to load any tags i throw at it. weapons, vehicles, .bsp or any other models.

Edit: Would windows 10 have anything to do with this by any chance? Running it in compatibility mode only makes sapien freeze without warning if i touch the properties or tool window.
Edited by Alkatjo on Feb 14, 2017 at 10:20 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 21, 2017 11:41 PM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website