A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[SUGGESTION] Halo 5 Forge Discussion for HaloMaps

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Halo 5 Forge Discussion for HaloMaps (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 02:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Good afternoon, Halo-goers! It's been a while since I have interacted here, but I wanted to lay out a suggestion for this website.

During the course of Halo Custom Edition's (and Halo 2 Vista's) lifetime, HaloMaps has been one of the major go-to places for sharing and discussion of maps and mods. Halo Custom Edition enabled people to do things with the game that were previously unthinkable, and Halo 2 Vista attempted to emulate something similar. Because of this flexibility and the creativity of community members, people have been able to enjoy things from massive vehicle-based maps to new singleplayer missions.

What does this have to do with Halo 5? Well, for the first time in years, the creators of Halo have opened up new avenues for PC players to put their creativity into a Halo game. Halo 5 Forge outdoes previous games' versions of Forge in almost every way, and brings back that flexibility, scriptability, and creativity that is reminiscent of Halo Custom Edition (and the Halo 2 Editing Kit). It also allows people to play with each other via hosted and searchable game servers, just like a PC gamer would expect. Players can interact between the PC and console realms while playing their creations, which is something that has been desired for a long time.

With this in mind, I think that it would be awesome to bring this website back to the forefront by introducing a discussion forum for Halo 5 Forge and Custom Games. The forum itself would allow for people to share their ideas on scripting, object creation, game modes, and more. Elsewhere on the site, there could be tie-ins with the custom maps themselves, which are often shared on ForgeHub.

Also, I think another way to bring traffic back to this site would be to work on modernizing some of the interface elements (ForgeHub again is a great example). Couple this with continuing to offer Halo CE discussion boards and map links, and it just might lead to an increase in the amount of CE players as well. More moderators (chosen from trusted/older members) might also help with the workload.

Whew! That was a wall of text for sure, but I think that if some of these ideas were put into practice, we could see another revival of the CE community as well as open discussion on Halo's modern form of creativity.

- MG
Edited by MoooseGuy on Feb 13, 2017 at 02:04 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 03:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
I'd be down for that tbh. Dunno if Dennis would put it up (or if he'd be willing to), but here's hoping

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 03:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
While you're here, why don't you give us a way to contact you? There were a couple of times people needed your knowledge not too long ago.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 05:08 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
While you're here, why don't you give us a way to contact you? There were a couple of times people needed your knowledge not too long ago.

PM'ed.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 06:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy

- Mooseyness -

The idea is rousing no doubt about that there but it has one fatal flaw.

H5GFPC requires win10.

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 02:32 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: negan2
i dont raelly like H5FPC.

You're seriously slipping man. Disappointed in how lazy your posts have become.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 08:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

- Mooseyness -

H5GFPC requires win10.

PANIC
HYSTERIA
I'm never upgraded (I'm on Win 7) and sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on something.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 09:16 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

- Mooseyness -

H5GFPC requires win10.

PANIC
HYSTERIA
I'm never upgraded (I'm on Win 7) and sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on something.

Thats strange I've never heard of sensibility being curious of idiocy before.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 12:27 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Halo 5 forge is nice, if only it was added to a real Halo title and not this terrible game. I'm surprised people still play Halo 5, even with the addition to forge.

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 03:14 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Pretty sure Dennis can't appoint new moderators due to some sort of rule with UXB Internet. New traffic might just overwhelm the site, though it would be nice to see some new people around here and have the place revitalized (at least for a bit).

samnwck

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 04:17 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Dennis appointing someone to moderator or admin to this website would be giving those same privileges to that person for all websites he hosts. And since that person wouldn't be a paid employee he couldn't guarantee his other customers security he has opted not to do that iirc. There's probably a lot more to the story, but that's the basics as i remember. Not that this adds anything to the conversation or anything.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 06:55 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck
Dennis appointing someone to moderator or admin to this website would be giving those same privileges to that person for all websites he hosts. And since that person wouldn't be a paid employee he couldn't guarantee his other customers security he has opted not to do that iirc. There's probably a lot more to the story, but that's the basics as i remember. Not that this adds anything to the conversation or anything.

That, and his employees have basically refused to moderate the forum.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 17, 2017 11:36 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website