A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Having 3 weapons across multiple maps

Author Topic: Having 3 weapons across multiple maps (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

nathaninthailand

I like carbines. Too much probably.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 10:50 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
So I like having 3 weapons at spawn, and I know how to do it with SAPP. However, I have a lot of custom maps on my server, all with unique weapons paths.
Is there a way to load in different commands for each map in the map cycle, or do I have to rewrite the ini.txt for each map?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 05:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
In the player starting equipment for MP you can have up to 5 item collections reffed, you can do it by gametype tooo I believe. It's been years since I messed with multiplayer so my instructions are probably not exact.

nathaninthailand

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 06:08 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Sorry, so you make a custom gametype for each map? I don't follow.

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 06:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
You could set up events in sapp that check what map the player is on when spawning, and then spawns the right weapon for you.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 06:21 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: nathaninthailand

I think masturz is referencing the starting equipment dialogue which you can find if you scroll 52% of the way down when you open your levels .scenario tag in guerilla.

Once their you should actually find 6 item collections rollouts which effectively means you can start with 6 weapons.

Directly on the right of the starting equipment label should be a drop down submenu. Or it may be un usuable if you haven't added a starting block already which is cool since you can just hit the add button to make one.

Once made beside "type 0" you'll want to set a gametype, choose which ever one you wish and then proceed to adding your starting weapons via the item collection dialogues.

If you want to a different selection of weapons for another gametype within the same level hit the "add" button again to make another fresh starting block, this time under "type 0" select a different game type to the one you previously set with the first scenario equipment block and populate the item collection dialogues once again accordingly.
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 16, 2017 at 06:23 PM

nathaninthailand

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 06:57 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Quote: --- Original message by: nathaninthailand

I think masturz is referencing the starting equipment dialogue which you can find if you scroll 52% of the way down when you open your levels .scenario tag in guerilla.

Once their you should actually find 6 item collections rollouts which effectively means you can start with 6 weapons.

Directly on the right of the starting equipment label should be a drop down submenu. Or it may be un usuable if you haven't added a starting block already which is cool since you can just hit the add button to make one.

Once made beside "type 0" you'll want to set a gametype, choose which ever one you wish and then proceed to adding your starting weapons via the item collection dialogues.

If you want to a different selection of weapons for another gametype within the same level hit the "add" button again to make another fresh starting block, this time under "type 0" select a different game type to the one you previously set with the first scenario equipment block and populate the item collection dialogues once again accordingly.
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 16, 2017 at 06:23 PM

Yeah, but if I did that, then I have to ship my modified copies to any visitors, and that's not an option for me.
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Thank you all.
Edited by nathaninthailand on Feb 16, 2017 at 08:18 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 24, 2017 6:37 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website