A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Making my first biped theoretical question

Author Topic: Making my first biped theoretical question (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIO in their names.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 07:33 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
I modeled my first biped yesterday :D (No. Not the one from general discussion.)

But I have a question. Supposed I wanted to start an entirely new animation graph from scratch and come up with my own mechanics:

What's the bare minimum amount of animations needed to get it ingame? (without it falling through the ground)

Should I start with an idle ? Orrrr.... is there a list of the animations and which ones to do first and in what order? ? ?

(all of this is me practicing with drawing tablets :) since i never used them for 3D modeling before)

How big and how small can bipeds be in halo without falling through the ground ?

Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 17, 2017 at 07:37 AM

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 04:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
I don't know why a biped would fall trough the ground unless if you didn't set it up right.

I suggest doing an idle, because after every animation it will try to go to the idle, if that doesn't exist it will repeat the last one in a loop until a new one happens.

for naming, you can copy the naming of existing sets, then halo will import them correctly too.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Feb 17, 2017 at 04:08 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu March 23, 2017 4:07 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website