A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Does Blitzkrieg work for versions of 3ds Max higher than 8?

Author Topic: Does Blitzkrieg work for versions of 3ds Max higher than 8? (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

moosebreathman
Joined: Jan 14, 2017


Posted: Feb 22, 2017 01:38 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
I'm trying to export some first person animations I've made and am not to familiar with the whole process of getting content working in HEK(just basic tutorial stuff I did to gauge interest). My max is the 2017 version and I don't want to mess it up by installing Blitzkrieg in my directory if it isn't compatible. In the case that Blitzkrieg doesn't work, could anybody refer me to a alternate method of extracting animations? I messed around with the ghost importer which I used to get the point of origin poses and animation lengths, but I couldn't get it to export what I made over the animation that was initially loaded. Maybe it can do it and I'm just to dumb to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Thanks for the help guys! I went on and downloaded the CAD exporter and was able to get my stuff working in game!

Edited by moosebreathman on Feb 22, 2017 at 01:43 AM
Edited by moosebreathman on Feb 22, 2017 at 08:43 PM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Feb 22, 2017 02:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 10       

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3627
For exporting animations, I've always used the one that looks like this.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Feb 22, 2017 12:25 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
AFAIK Blitz only works upto max8.

And even then you'll need to find a specially modded copy of the original.

Just use junglegym or CADS animation exporter compact.


OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

discord was killing the forums anyways


Posted: Feb 22, 2017 12:48 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       


il Duce Primo
Joined: Apr 22, 2007

CMT Team Leader


Posted: Feb 22, 2017 05:10 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
You could use max8


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Feb 22, 2017 06:15 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
you could not mod halo


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Feb 23, 2017 12:30 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
you could not mod halo


this is a sound strategy for success


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Feb 23, 2017 08:38 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
you could not mod halo


this is a sound strategy for success


thank you I like to think it's gone pretty well so far



but for srs has hosting CE3 done anything for you on the career front
do you walk into an interview and be like, 'so i made a video for this really obscure game every year for six years'


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Feb 23, 2017 09:18 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
you could not mod halo


this is a sound strategy for success


thank you I like to think it's gone pretty well so far



but for srs has hosting CE3 done anything for you on the career front
do you walk into an interview and be like, 'so i made a video for this really obscure game every year for six years'


Not that directly, no. Indirectly, absolutely. I'm going into TV and Film and I learned a lot of the techniques (camera setup, rule of thirds, lower thirds, framing, editing, timing) by experience just from doing CE3 over and over. I didn't even understand some of these things when I started using them as a thing (like I use to call lower thirds "infobars" because I didn't know what they were actually called).


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Feb 23, 2017 08:08 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
you could not mod halo


this is a sound strategy for success


thank you I like to think it's gone pretty well so far



but for srs has hosting CE3 done anything for you on the career front
do you walk into an interview and be like, 'so i made a video for this really obscure game every year for six years'


Not that directly, no. Indirectly, absolutely. I'm going into TV and Film and I learned a lot of the techniques (camera setup, rule of thirds, lower thirds, framing, editing, timing) by experience just from doing CE3 over and over. I didn't even understand some of these things when I started using them as a thing (like I use to call lower thirds "infobars" because I didn't know what they were actually called).


I'm glad you got so much out of it

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread





Time: Thu December 14, 2017 8:14 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website