A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »actor colors in single player

Author Topic: actor colors in single player (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

KasperZERO

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 08:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I'm just wondering if anybody knows about this topic .. there's an actor variant tag with upper and lower color bounds, but I notice with the grunt minor that there is no color value, even though the grunt major has a color value. In fact, grunt minor meta is about x20 bytes shorter, leaving out the array which is supposed to hold the value

EDIT: The offsets for grunt minor RGB color lower and upper bound is in the bipd tag, located at 0x524 to 0x53b in the meta. Thank you, notrododo93
Edited by KasperZERO on Mar 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM

notrododo93

Project Armonia lead (and only) developer

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 05:08 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
The grunt minor has its color value in the biped tag

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 11:11 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
Funny when I found out how to change the grunt's colour I went crazy making around 20 unique bipeds with various colours. I tried to figure out giving each of them unique abilities. I ran out of ideas after the 5th one.

Too bad changing elite colours isn't as simple...

It actually is. Elites in halo 1 have most of their armor's color values determined by the cubemap color. You change the color of the cubemap, the armor will change to that color as well (though generally you want to also change the base color to match too, else you'll get a sort of pseudo Fresnel effect going on).

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 11:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
It's more complicated than that with elites. The bitmap tag for the cubemap holds 6 different cubemaps in it, with the actor variant having an index field to chose which one it is. If you uses Moses bitmap source extractor you can check it out.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 12:36 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
I mean, its more or less the same deal, just needing to pick one of the variants unless you're setting up your own actor variant

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 1:35 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website