A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Messing with Sky/Fog

Author Topic: Messing with Sky/Fog (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Mushi

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 12:19 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
Is there anyway using halo map tools I can alter the time of day that also effects the environment of the game or is something like that only for HEK?

As for the fog, is it possible to remove it? I never really liked the foggy water in T.S.C

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 01:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
The water's fog is a .fog tag

Some fogs are simple and controlled only by the BSP's sky tag. This is usualy just distance-occlusion fog to prevent draw distance from being obvious.

Mushi

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 02:08 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: negan2

Quote: --- Original message by: Mushi
Is there anyway using halo map tools I can alter the time of day that also effects the environment of the game or is something like that only for HEK?

As for the fog, is it possible to remove it? I never really liked the foggy water in T.S.C
u shouldnt raelly post anythin negative about T.S.C.E

CMT worked really hard on this SP.

if u hate the fog so much in halo why do u play it?
Edited by negan2 on Feb 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Is something really that wrong with your head that you needed to pm to tell me to quit halo over water fog? Annnn you're putting words in my mouth about CMT that your blindness stated i'v said something about them.(looks at join date)

Ok, you can go away now.

Anyway

@DeadHamster

Thanks i'll take a look into it, on my old pc back in 06 days it never showed the fog and I could clearly see everything underwater.

Anyone have any sky info also please let me know.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 02:11 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
To get rid of the fog try removing the fog tag on the scenario_structure_bsp tag with HMT. That should do it.
Edited by Kinnet on Feb 26, 2017 at 02:12 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 04:47 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Just open up whatever sky tag your using and you can edit the fog settings there, along with different sky lighting colors. You'll need to rerun lightmaps on the BSP's though for the new lighting to be applied to the level.

Mushi

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 08:02 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Quote: i didnt said quit halo, i said if you hate it it's up to you if you wanna leave. Dont be grouchy
Edited by negan2 on Feb 26, 2017 at 06:13 PM

Son, stop posting. You've caused enough damage.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Just open up whatever sky tag your using and you can edit the fog settings there, along with different sky lighting colors. You'll need to rerun lightmaps on the BSP's though for the new lighting to be applied to the level.

I should have said Eschaton my bad, but yep, I see them. Gonna try editing them right now!! Also thanks you all.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 02:55 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: i didnt said quit halo, i said if you hate it it's up to you if you wanna leave. Dont be grouchy

I should have said Eschaton my bad, but yep, I see them. Gonna try editing them right now!! Also thanks you all.

I balievw there is also a rasterizer dev command that removes fog or something. Idk exactly which it is.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 12:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

I balievw there is also a rasterizer dev command that removes fog or something. Idk exactly which it is.

rasterizer_fog_atmosphere 0 or 1

rasterizer_fog_plane 0 or 1

In haylo online engin u jus press a button it's so ez.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Feb 28, 2017 01:22 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
How did I bork a word as simple as "Believe"?

Anyway.

negan, you contribute like, nothing to the thread.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Feb 28, 2017 01:38 AM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: negan2

u shouldnt raelly post anythin negative about T.S.C.E

CMT worked really hard on this SP.
Edited by negan2 on Feb 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM

TBH CMT did a terrible job on TSCE, The fog and IST were implemented incorrectly and it caused a lot of rasterizer faults. It was so bad, that it made a lot of my friends and myself quit Halo CE and start our own Halo engine projects to make maps for; which is going great.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 22, 2017 10:53 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website