A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Recruiting for HRCMT (Halo Reach Campaign Mapping Team) (lots of text)

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Recruiting for HRCMT (Halo Reach Campaign Mapping Team) (lots of text) (53 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

HDoan

"'Tis only happens to them Asians" - ODX 2008

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 05:48 PM    Msg. 36 of 53       
Quote: Thanks for the advice We should start with prototyping the weapons and balancing them, I will consider using CMT's balancing system since it's the best for campaign, although for multiplayer we might have to come up with our own balancing (assuming we do multiplayer). The reason I want to use CMT's Covie tags is not just because they fit reach's art style, but it's the only way I can bring the shredder in but if worst comes to worst and I have to use reach covie tags I'll probably just use the untextured model and have a team member re-texture it to fit the art style of reach, but keep the code for the damage values from CMT. And this is why I need people like you on the team, because I would have never thought of that.
Edited by HaloAU on Mar 7, 2017 at 07:42 AM

Absolutely use tags that are available to you. The best way I learned was taking apart Zteam and CMT tags. My concern is just the art style. I shot mydelf in the foot when I was with H3MT and we decided on custom models and textures despite the assets being available to us. However, seeing as you want to redo Halo Reach, I would simply just use the reach assets with whatever tags you want. Does CMT's match the style? Sure. But why not just use the ones from reach? Imagine you went to an Italian restaurant but they also served Chinese food. Is it really an Italian restaurant then? It's minimal effort to get it in game anyway.

HaloAU

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 07:46 PM    Msg. 37 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: HDoan
Quote: Thanks for the advice We should start with prototyping the weapons and balancing them, I will consider using CMT's balancing system since it's the best for campaign, although for multiplayer we might have to come up with our own balancing (assuming we do multiplayer). The reason I want to use CMT's Covie tags is not just because they fit reach's art style, but it's the only way I can bring the shredder in but if worst comes to worst and I have to use reach covie tags I'll probably just use the untextured model and have a team member re-texture it to fit the art style of reach, but keep the code for the damage values from CMT. And this is why I need people like you on the team, because I would have never thought of that.
Edited by HaloAU on Mar 7, 2017 at 07:42 AM

Absolutely use tags that are available to you. The best way I learned was taking apart Zteam and CMT tags. My concern is just the art style. I shot mydelf in the foot when I was with H3MT and we decided on custom models and textures despite the assets being available to us. However, seeing as you want to redo Halo Reach, I would simply just use the reach assets with whatever tags you want. Does CMT's match the style? Sure. But why not just use the ones from reach? Imagine you went to an Italian restaurant but they also served Chinese food. Is it really an Italian restaurant then? It's minimal effort to get it in game anyway.

That's what I intend to do now after consulting masterz. I'll edit the reach models so they fit with the cmt tags animations and firing, and build the BR out of the DMR scope and base, and use the H3 br counter handle, as for the shredder, we'll probably have to edit the reach needler into a shredder.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 08:57 PM    Msg. 38 of 53       
For the BR you may find this helpful.

https://twitter.com/masters1337/status/839294339486461952

Also you may want to try and get your hands on the H5 needler to be your shredder. Alternatively, you could use the spiker and transfer over it's properties to that. It looks Halo enough that a recolor would make it look different enough from the regular needler, if you did some minor modifications.

Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 7, 2017 at 09:03 PM

HaloAU

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 09:25 PM    Msg. 39 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

For the BR you may find this helpful.

https://twitter.com/masters1337/status/839294339486461952

Also you may want to try and get your hands on the H5 needler to be your shredder. Alternatively, you could use the spiker and transfer over it's properties to that. It looks Halo enough that a recolor would make it look different enough from the regular needler, if you did some minor modifications.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fb/04/37/fb0437385c5b8da21735d7c5fb4ea4e8.jpg

Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 7, 2017 at 09:03 PM

Thanks, that's actually very helpful. that reach br looks beastly.

Alex

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:34 AM    Msg. 40 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
HaloNoobModder117 all over again.

Probably the funniest, somewhat irrelevant post here. Sorry to burst your bubble but sadly I can read and comprehend and that dude was arguing with users over tags. Just stop being so obnoxious. Okay, back to relevance.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:49 PM

I'm sorry for not full comprehending but it does have its similarities.
- Guy wants to do project.
- Peolple say it's to much for him
- Guy fights back and says it isn't
= Drama

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:59 AM    Msg. 41 of 53       
Really, I think it might just be the failure to produce anything and the insecurities that most members here have built up that makes them act this way. It is true though that you will want some skill and knowledge before working on something that big though. A lot of that knowledge are things that some halomaps members possessed but never explained or their tutorials dissapeared, so it is hard to get around.

I think you should play around and get to know the engine first, the project definitely isn't THAT big. My only complaint is that remaking something that already exists can hold back your creativity.

Another thing you may want to learn is how to see you can actually trust a person who could help you, because there will be a lot of people who like to leak, so at first only really take help from people you know and then over time get to know more people and then those people might be able to help you.

tl;dr: learn stuff and follow your ambitions

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 01:02 PM    Msg. 42 of 53       
I made this crap some time ago

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49905

I can help you with some BSP's if you want, how ever I have to insist that I dont have to much time since I'm studying...

I will send you a pm with my Discord if you want

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 01:31 PM    Msg. 43 of 53       
My Discord is Jesse#4500

HaloAU

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 02:44 PM    Msg. 44 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

I can help you with some BSP's if you want, how ever I have to insist that I dont have to much time since I'm studying...

PM Me

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Really, I think it might just be the failure to produce anything and the insecurities that most members here have built up that makes them act this way. It is true though that you will want some skill and knowledge before working on something that big though. A lot of that knowledge are things that some halomaps members possessed but never explained or their tutorials dissapeared, so it is hard to get around.

I think you should play around and get to know the engine first, the project definitely isn't THAT big. My only complaint is that remaking something that already exists can hold back your creativity.

Another thing you may want to learn is how to see you can actually trust a person who could help you, because there will be a lot of people who like to leak, so at first only really take help from people you know and then over time get to know more people and then those people might be able to help you.

My first mistake was not expecting the amount of cancer and autistic screeching from the elitists. And remaking this won't necessarily limit my creativity because I intend to include levels that were discarded like blowing up an assault carrier from the inside with a wraith, the e3 2003 demo, and the forerunner tank chase from the gravemind. Plus I intend to make some original missions to fill in for the arbiter, he's been moved to a possible post launch project.
Edited by HaloAU on Mar 8, 2017 at 03:12 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 03:39 PM    Msg. 45 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloAU
My first mistake was not expecting the amount of cancer and autistic screeching from the elitists. And remaking this won't necessarily limit my creativity because I intend to include levels that were discarded like blowing up an assault carrier from the inside with a wraith, the e3 2003 demo, and the forerunner tank chase from the gravemind. Plus I intend to make some original missions to fill in for the arbiter, he's been moved to a possible post launch project.

Sounds good, I do hope you are one of the people that actually gets somewhere and makes something great.

In the meantime I will be working on my own thing and making tutorials during it in the hopes that people will find them and are able to improve their own stuff using them. :D

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:26 PM    Msg. 46 of 53       

PM Me

i doubt you can do that. even with a team and time, tryng to recreate things, animations from h3 and hr is almost impossible. but is possible to make a little sp like i did. with custom bsp's, simple cinematics and voice acting... something comparable to lumoria and vanilla halo but with better graphics and some OS4 features. aside from that... if you are doing it solo, it will be a huge pain for you. Im not releasing my sp maps thanks to the spv3 leader (mustardz1337), pm me if you want someone to model some bsp's for you.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 11:54 PM    Msg. 47 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

PM Me

i doubt you can do that. even with a team and time, tryng to recreate things, animations from h3 and hr is almost impossible. but is possible to make a little sp like i did. with custom bsp's, simple cinematics and voice acting... something comparable to lumoria and vanilla halo but with better graphics and some OS4 features. aside from that... if you are doing it solo, it will be a huge pain for you. Im not releasing my sp maps thanks to the spv3 leader (mustardz1337), pm me if you want someone to model some bsp's for you.

H3 animations are not exactly the highest of standard. Better animations have been made, don't act like you can decide anyone's animation capability.

OrangeJuice

discord was killing the forums anyways

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 12:02 AM    Msg. 48 of 53       
A drawing tablet or two definitely helps tons with 3D animating, rigging(I've yet to need vertex-mode weight-editing. I paint my weights), and texturing, even if you're doing something as mundane as simply copying H3 animations bone-for-bone, key-for-key, having one is still helpful(1:1 stroke copying is still ripping//porting IMHOpinion. Always will be. Especially if both serve an identical purpose. Eg. Copying a shotgun to act as another shotgun.)

This is the kind of community that does everything by mouse which is probably why projects involving custom tagsets are so slow. But they DO indeed make 20$(brand new) drawing tablets(with 2048 lvls of pen pressure and SOFT tip pens!!!).

So get one if you think it will help your work :)

Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 9, 2017 at 08:27 AM

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 08:44 AM    Msg. 49 of 53       
how do i join?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 03:08 PM    Msg. 50 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

But they DO indeed make 20$(brand new) drawing tablets(with 2048 lvls of pen pressure and SOFT tip pens!!!).

20$ where? I had to forkout 109 USD for a wacom intuos and it's the small version too!

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:18 PM    Msg. 51 of 53       
Quote: Im not releasing my sp maps thanks to the spv3 leader (mustardz1337), pm me if you want someone to model some bsp's for you.

And what does that accomplish exactly? Whats the point or goal of not releasing your maps? To show masters...., what exactly?

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 10:31 AM    Msg. 52 of 53       
That he is a wuss

HaloAU

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 11:14 AM    Msg. 53 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
how do i join?

https://discord.gg/6hkPZpw

That he is a wuss

#can'ttakecriticism
Edited by HaloAU on Mar 10, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 2:04 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website