A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] UUI v1.1 Scripts

Author Topic: [RELEASE] UUI v1.1 Scripts (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 11:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Good evening! I have been getting multiple requests for the scripts that were used in the Universal UI. Luckily, I just came across a copy of them on one of my external hard drives. Therefore, I am releasing them to whoever wants to pick them apart.

Mediafire Link

Text Link

Please let me know if there are any questions!

-MG

Edit: I added more details on how the script works below.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Mar 20, 2017 at 07:09 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 11:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
yessssssssss

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 11:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
I was about of PMing you for these files. Thanks!
Edited by Kinnet on Mar 19, 2017 at 12:02 AM

bandinada5

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 08:05 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Oh my.... i have been waiting for release your ui source script for ages... thanks! i probably will back to my old ui modding after other things.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 07:08 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Just a side note for those who are wondering, in the UI files, a button assigned to load a specified map will have its widget reference a static script. Once a level is selected, it then goes to the difficulty selection menu. The difficulty buttons, when selected, each reference a static script as well that then loads everything properly.

For example, if I wanted to load the first Lumoria level, I would have that button's widget set to run the "lvl_lumoria_a" static script. This script, when run, sets the "level" global value to 22. The widget will also be set up to go to the screen for difficulty selection.

Each button, easy through legendary, corresponds to a related static script. If I decide to play Lumoria on Heroic, I would select that button. That button is set up to run the static script "diff_hard". Within that script, it sets the difficulty to hard, waits a few frames, and then runs the "bangbangtime" script. This is where the magic of the Universal UI happens. Based on the level that was selected a few steps ago, the value of the global that was set now tells the game to load its associated level.

Based on this, you can add new levels to the UI as needed, just by creating a new static script for that level and using an unused number for the global. For example, if i wanted to make a button for a level called "boogers", I would add "(script static void lvl_boogers (set level 97))" to the bottom of the script document. Then, I would add "(if (= level 97) (map_name boogers))" to the bangbangtime script, and then create the required widget files in the tags folder.

Hopefully this helps clear up any confusion!

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 09:00 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Do you think you can post the tags as well? Some people have been saying the UUI doesn't rip it's tags correctly.

Mangenkyo

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 05:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
thanks! i don't need to PM you anymore

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat September 23, 2017 2:25 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website