A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Canonical events that could make interesting mods.

Author Topic: Canonical events that could make interesting mods. (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 04:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 18       
I tried asking the SBB sub discord, but the extent of what I got was one good idea and "remake Halo Reach the game."

I'm interested in seeing what events in the novels and even other forms of media (Halo Legends maybe?) Could make interesting content for CE, for the sake of making my life not a living hell, please refrain from Insurrection stuff for now. I'll take 343 lore but it's not what I'd ideally like to make for obvious reasons.

My current list of ideas is:

-Victory at Pegasi Delta (Ghosts of Onyx)
-Castle Base (First Strike)
-Orbital Defense generators (Fall of Reach)
-Siege on Gladshiem (Contact Harvest) (Possible Play as Johnson)
-The Rubble (Cole Protocol) (Fighting Thel Vadamee could be interesting)

I haven't read all the novels yet but I'm wondering what other noteworthy events there are and to see what I should be reading up on, I didn't list any space battles because I'd ideally want a good amount of infantry based combat. Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing some good ideas.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 19, 2017 at 04:44 AM

theshadow0222

"Oh, no."

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 04:57 AM    Msg. 2 of 18       
You could probably do a lot with members of Covenant species that aren't in the Covenant. Like perhaps a Kig-Yar bounty hunter or something. Or a Sangheili hell bent on revenge after being disillusioned with the Covenant prior to the schism.

Not really an event, but could be interesting none the less.
Edited by theshadow0222 on Mar 19, 2017 at 04:58 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 05:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 18       
Yea pretty much anything from the Cole Protocol, or First Strike would make entertaining levels.

Honestly I'm surprised that 343/MS haven't already made a First Strike game (I'm sure someone tried to pitch it) considering it covers the gap of CE and 2. Not to mention theres ALOT of interesting stuff that could be used in gameplay.

The Asteroid Base, Unyielding Hierophant, even a space mission where you have to infiltrate Ascendant Justice would be good material.

Not to mention you could do the whole Split Narrative thing Halo 2 tries to do, but from the PoV of the Chief and Fred.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 05:30 AM    Msg. 4 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: theshadow0222
You could probably do a lot with members of Covenant species that aren't in the Covenant.

Actually, a covenant based something could be really interesting.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 05:49 AM    Msg. 5 of 18       
I have all the novels in audiobook form Sean, I'll pm them to you over discord.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 05:51 AM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
I have all the novels in audiobook form Sean, I'll pm them to you over discord.

I have most of them in physical form, but I can use them anyway, send them over. :D

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:10 AM    Msg. 7 of 18       
A dating sim based on the legendary ending of Halo CE. You'd play as an elite and you would try to date Johnson before the Halo explodes.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:16 AM    Msg. 8 of 18       
I Always liked the idea of having a game based on the grunt rebellion

This isn't a joke, I would love to see a huge siege with countless grunts in high charity

bandinada5

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 08:10 AM    Msg. 9 of 18       
My idea about a custom campaign based on Halo The Flood. which will include horror types, exploring, surviving and etc.. also the event have great potential to have multiple play times because we never have halo survival game before. i know, there is another game which have halo conversion mod from L4D game. but it would be great if you make on halo ce engine.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 02:51 PM    Msg. 10 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

This isn't a joke, I would love to see a huge siege with countless grunts in high charity

Dont think high charity was established during the grunt rebellion.

Though, the taming of the hunters would also be an interesting idea. Generally, anything the arbiters had to do would be interesting tidbits of lore to chew through

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 03:05 PM    Msg. 11 of 18       
How about that lone ODST on a Covenant-infested captured UNSC ship? Heart of the Midlothian, I think.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 03:35 PM    Msg. 12 of 18       
I think one or two very polished levels could be made to showcase the events of the Mona Lisa at some point not shown in the graphic novel. Possibly make it the story of an escaping prisoner group during the time the place is getting infested, similar to Dead Space: Downfall. I feel the flood dont actually get any levels where they are actually scary, so maybe that could be done here. Maybe make the level pretty huge with random chances for encounters in different areas. Since we already have most of the assets required to make it work the main things needed would be scripting, some custom scenery, and the bsp. Idk, just a thought.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 06:00 PM    Msg. 13 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

Dont think high charity was established during the grunt rebellion.

Though, the taming of the hunters would also be an interesting idea. Generally, anything the arbiters had to do would be interesting tidbits of lore to chew through

Pretty sure that the H2A grunt rebellion terminal showed high charity

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 06:51 PM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
I feel the flood dont actually get any levels where they are actually scary, so maybe that could be done here. Maybe make the level pretty huge with random chances for encounters in different areas. Since we already have most of the assets required to make it work the main things needed would be scripting, some custom scenery, and the bsp. Idk, just a thought.

Last 2 levels of halo 3. Thats "cortana" and "halo" were the least enjoyable for me to play because I was so afraid of fighting the flood, especially re-enetering high charity in what basically amounted to the floods own turf combined with the claustrophobia and the constant roaring and snarling of combat forms made it a terrifying and uncomfortable time.

Infact I often remember employing a "run an gun" technique wherein I would utilise primarily a shotgun and a brute shot combined with grenades and bubble shields. As for the tactics which I employed well I would run head first into the enemy disturb some of the oncoming ranks with a bruteshot and then swipe in some of the uncomfortably closer nasties with the shotty all whilst bouncing grenades off of walls and deploying bubble shields behind me to defend against most of the large volume of fire that I head vaulted over.

Probably should mention for anyone who is willing to try this technique out that it really only works on easy and normal difficulties and on occasion if you use it in conjuction with other tactics, heroic too but it definitely won't suit the amount of precise strategy and careful moderation that is demanded by legendary.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:11 PM    Msg. 15 of 18       
I was thinking (somewhat) more like dead space 1, but have it so the encounters only have you fight a few here and there, you don't have recharging health and have to rely on health packs, you dont get much ammo and have to seek it out, it is random when enemies appear and they do so fairly quietly(think the necromorph in that one early hallway in ds1 where he quietly climbs out of the open vent after you pass him), enemies don't instantly recognize you when they appear, especially if you're behind cover(which there will be ample cover for sneaking). Maybe even include a healthpack weapon what drops a healthpack on the player when they use it, and it can carry a few rounds.

Basically a survival horror type map where you really dont want to fight, but you can use your limited ammo if you have to. The map would have to be quite large and have multiple bsps and ways to get to and from different areas, but have all the areas distinct enough so you can figure out and remember the layout by going through it(think dark souls 1 with its interconnected world).

EDIT: Found an example of what I'm talking about where the enemies appear mostly quietly. https://youtu.be/r7KVdPswrRU?t=85 He kinda screws it up though since he doesn't advance once he kills the necromorph. It'd supposed to lead you a little forward so the guy can come out of the open vent behind you and surprise you.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:36 PM

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 11:33 PM    Msg. 16 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

Basically a survival horror type map where you really dont want to fight, but you can use your limited ammo if you have to. The map would have to be quite large and have multiple bsps and ways to get to and from different areas, but have all the areas distinct enough so you can figure out and remember the layout by going through it(think dark souls 1 with its interconnected world).

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:36 PM

I made something like that some time
https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm%3Fpage%3Dtopic%26topicID%3D48769&ved=0ahUKEwiQ9aG4kuTSAhUD2SYKHcPxDuYQFghOMA0&usg=AFQjCNGlL_6b4iS7TgY0-qGHvTFIVeP0mw&sig2=WKW79eeGhjq_e1E2aUItjg

How ever I never had to much atention. At this point Im making a remake of the map before going to the second part of my project.

How ever this ideas are very nice, but I really doubt if something is starts and finishes from here.

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 05:06 AM    Msg. 17 of 18       
Now what if there was a campaign fighting different types of Lek'golo and different troops to tame/barter with the Master Hunter or the Hunters' leader. I mean the Taming of the Lek'golo was a thing, right? It could work having an Elite lead the campaign too or maybe even be a Brute and THAT is how you secretly gain favor of the Prophet of Truth.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 11:35 PM    Msg. 18 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
this ideas are very nice, but I really doubt if something is starts and finishes from here.

I wouldn't speak if I were you.

There's some pretty interesting stuff going on in the background, but the last several posts from you have been negative nancy at best so whatever.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 14, 2017 7:31 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website