A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Is Halo Wars's campaign worth a first person one?

Author Topic: Is Halo Wars's campaign worth a first person one? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 06:01 AM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Just thoughts, but I mean would you enjoy a campaign based on Halo Wars' shield world levels?
Marines with firethrowers and burning flood, lots of metal and blood.
I'm really interested in it, and I'll be working on a demo as soon I got spare time.
If you have thoughts about it, about tagset(I would like a vanilla one, but hey we're on 2017), about the story SPEAK UP.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 08:34 AM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Just thoughts, but I mean would you enjoy a campaign based on Halo Wars' shield world levels?
Marines with firethrowers and burning flood, lots of metal and blood.
I'm really interested in it, and I'll be working on a demo as soon I got spare time.
If you have thoughts about it, about tagset(I would like a vanilla one, but hey we're on 2017), about the story SPEAK UP.

Sounds cool

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 11:43 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Second game more than the first. Especially with some of the more unique missions like the sniper one, alice making it back to the ship, and even the first mission.

cippozzo

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 01:24 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Second game more than the first. Especially with some of the more unique missions like the sniper one, alice making it back to the ship, and even the first mission.

First mission rocks. Btw halo wars more than the last, needs more creativity to forge a halo ce iteration, so I would like the first one, at least the demo is based on the first.

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
This is a great idea, I can see how this would work in 1st person. Pretty interesting. Are you making a themed mod or 1st person remake of the entire campaign?

As for tags, Combat Evolved or Reach tags would be appropriate given the timeline (and obviously tags that are available floating around the web).

OR... Or... Given the Blur cutscenes, upon close observation some weapons may be mistaken for Halo 3 assets due to some aspects but the cutscenes set a slightly different atmosphere compared to actual gameplay so I guess pick your poison? Personally I'd go with the Combat Evolved tags, hell even if you could get your hands on Anniversary tags that would be even better. That's just a reference though to fill asset voids but you can try custom tags, it's harder but it can work.

OR... Before anyone else mentions it... CMT tags.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:39 PM

MEGA_VKNG

friendly neighborhood big diabetic_kunt

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Halo Wars would need a completely new tag set to be Halo Wars, and Reach tags? are you actually kidding me? Halo Wars art style is pretty different from all the other halo games, it'd need brand new assets not to mention all the brand new vehicles, characters, etc.

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Wait im confused which halo wars are we talking about the first or the second?

And can you all please label the respective title you are referencing more accurately please. (Hw1 / Hw2)

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 07:56 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
HwH

cippozzo

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 02:52 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Hw 1, it should not be point to point equal to the campaign, too much open areas would be boring, I will focus on structures.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 12:12 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website