A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Legs in First Person

Author Topic: Legs in First Person (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

malolo420
Joined: Aug 5, 2007

Drugs are Bad


Posted: Mar 20, 2017 06:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Just watched a GDC talk about FP animations by a Bungie employee.
The way they did the legs, was by letting the FP camera see the legs of the 3P model.

I've never used open sauce, but maybe someone could get it working.

Just a thought.


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Now retired from CE, enjoy DW! https://goo.gl/1Bup


Posted: Mar 20, 2017 08:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Ded.


Posted: Mar 24, 2017 07:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
It's possible without OS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEfS9nBvhw

Any ideas how that was archived? It's a vehicle? it's another biped? It's halo 2 with halo ce looks?


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Mar 25, 2017 09:17 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
It's possible without OS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEfS9nBvhw

Any ideas how that was achieved? It's a vehicle? it's another biped? It's halo 2 with halo ce looks?


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Ded.


Posted: Mar 25, 2017 10:52 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Y u jost kant answer th
e qestion


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 26, 2017 03:04 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
That video is "fake". It doesn't actually work under all movement conditions. Kirby had it working with h2 animations at one point.


Halonimator
Joined: Dec 15, 2014

Halo5gsucks.com


Posted: Mar 26, 2017 02:17 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
I dont know why someone will want to use his legs to shot guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130kAsO8vJc


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Mar 27, 2017 12:05 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
The best way is to attach and detach parts identical to the legs pieces, to the character, however how well this looks will depend fully on your biped (and mostly their animations)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1wP_qb3DA
Default H1 chief doesn't go anywhere near as well as Arby; havent checked H2 chief at this time.

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Mar 27, 2017 02:26 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.


http://m.imgur.com


kirby_422
Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Apparently public enemy number 1?


Posted: Mar 27, 2017 03:42 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.


http://m.imgur.com

Hows logging into my imgur account going to unpurge all my old photos that I don't have anymore?


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Mar 28, 2017 09:48 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.


http://m.imgur.com

Hows logging into my imgur account going to unpurge all my old photos that I don't have anymore?


It won't I was just suggesting you use imgur from now on. Sorry.


malolo420
Joined: Aug 5, 2007

Drugs are Bad


Posted: Mar 31, 2017 09:18 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Totally forgot I posted!
You can tell that its just not right, he only walks forward.
Those are probably FP animations with legs in them, which just isn't possible.
Anyone know how Kirby did it?
I'm thinking about buying Halo again, cause I can't for the life of me find the disk, but I couldn't get it working last time and certain websites don't accept Canadians anymore.

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread





Time: Sun June 25, 2017 2:57 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website