A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Tool Problem that came back to haunt me.

Author Topic: Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MS14A

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 12:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Long story short

EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x05E80001
ECX: 0x00000000
EDX: 0x00000000
EDI: 0x0018A320
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0018A1F8
ESP: 0x0018A1E8
EIP: 0x77930C52, 83 C4 04 C2 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\cache\cache_file_builder.c,#109: !((unsi
gned long)scratch&31)

I fixed it myself years ago and I forget how I fixed it. Was going to go back since Altis figured out how to synch AI and possibly revamp maps like THE_FLOODS and Area 53 to make AI synch just to get my hands dirty again but this error is bugging me. I've tried to compile a stock bloodgulch as a test of tool and this happened.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 01:56 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
How many profiles/user accounts are on your pc?

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 06:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
I believe that one of your tags has a corrupted value, it's too large for an unsigned long data type.

Those "EXCEPTION halt" errors occur when you input a value into guerilla that doesn't mesh with what it really is.

For example, open a sound tag and delete one of the reflexives on bottom, that contain the different permutations. There's another value that is the "actual permutation count" or something similar; because there are less permutations than the tag lists it throws an exception similar to the one above.

In this case, unsigned longs can have values from 0 to 4,294,967,295. You must have a tag that stores data as an unsigned long, but has a value outside the bounds listed above.

Only way to fix is to replace all your tags, or try to remember which one you added and where the errors would be. If you just added a vehicle and this showed up, it's somewhere in the vehicle tag. Best way for you to debug this is to open your scenario and start deleting tags. Once the game runs properly, you know you've found where the error is. Now you can start digging deeper into the values in those tags to see what's wrong.

MS14A

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 11:21 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I believe that one of your tags has a corrupted value, it's too large for an unsigned long data type.

Those "EXCEPTION halt" errors occur when you input a value into guerilla that doesn't mesh with what it really is.

For example, open a sound tag and delete one of the reflexives on bottom, that contain the different permutations. There's another value that is the "actual permutation count" or something similar; because there are less permutations than the tag lists it throws an exception similar to the one above.

In this case, unsigned longs can have values from 0 to 4,294,967,295. You must have a tag that stores data as an unsigned long, but has a value outside the bounds listed above.

Only way to fix is to replace all your tags, or try to remember which one you added and where the errors would be. If you just added a vehicle and this showed up, it's somewhere in the vehicle tag. Best way for you to debug this is to open your scenario and start deleting tags. Once the game runs properly, you know you've found where the error is. Now you can start digging deeper into the values in those tags to see what's wrong.

That's the thing it's a stock install of HEK and just a renamed Bloodgulch with nothing changed as a test.

Also only one on my PC

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:03 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
And your halo root directory is not set to read only yes?

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:46 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
And youre running every single program as an administrator? Otherwise youre using cached files.

MS14A

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:51 AM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Not read-only it's in my Q: drive not C:

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:59 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Not read-only it's in my Q: drive not C:

Q:? I've seen D:,E:,F: and G but never a Q!

Try installing on the C:\ it shouldn't really affect anything but eh troubleshooting is troubleshooting.

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 03:18 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
did you rename the .map file or was it the .scenario?

MS14A

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 07:00 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
did you rename the .map file or was it the .scenario?
renamed the scenario in sapien with save as. I know how to use the tools it's just this error is one I dealt with ages ago but never jotted down how it was fixed.

In any case IIRC it might be an issue with the sound tags related to the scorpion. Anyone have a "clean" set?

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 02:09 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A

In any case IIRC it might be an issue with the sound tags related to the scorpion. Anyone have a "clean" set?

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48138

sparky

tinyurl.com/halochatserver

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 12:17 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Oh, it was sounds? Perhaps it was animations.

There are some programs being developed by the community, such as MosesOfEgypt's Mozzarilla that you can use with Python presently on Windows, which give you a nice interface for seeing the metadata entries in tags that will not open in Guerilla.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 27, 2017 6:57 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website