A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Halonimator's modified CMT tagset [Q&A]

Author Topic: Halonimator's modified CMT tagset [Q&A] (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 02:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 18       
Leave your questions related to my modified tagset here down below and i will answer them.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50038

Rules: I will only answer specific questions related to parts sandbox. So, dont post things like How did you balanced the tagset?

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 03:18 AM    Msg. 2 of 18       
How is "How did you balance the tagset?" not a specific question?
Why are you so afraid of answering the question, is it because you did a pisspoor job at doing it?

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 09:04 AM    Msg. 3 of 18       
How did you balance the tagset?

Kinnet

Xfire: kinnet_zero69

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 09:58 AM    Msg. 4 of 18       
Q: Why should we use this tagset over the official CMT one ?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 10:02 AM    Msg. 5 of 18       
Q. Que?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 07:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Why are you so afraid of answering the question, is it because you did a pisspoor job at doing it?

Forget pisspoor job, I doubt he balanced it at all.
This is like letting a kid borrow your essay and change 4 words into synonyms.

Here's a question: Can you stop being a stuck up prick?
I wouldn't mind if you produced quality content but you can't even do that.

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 07:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 18       
Here's a question...

Is it just me or is the HUD reticle barely visible?

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 08:33 PM    Msg. 8 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Good question... Grunts health is 25 for the minors, 37.5 for majors and 50 for ultras-specops.
Jackals have 37.7 and 50
hunters have 200, 225 and 250
elites have 50h/50s, 50h/75s, 75h/75s and 125h/125s
brutes have 75, 100, 125, 150

All Ai's collision material have diferent weaknesses and strengths. Health and shield is conected to damage values and collision materials, i had to balance them manually.

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
Here's a question...

Because those aliens were shooting at my face.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Because the original Cmt's tsce tagset its just a vanilla tagset with new visuals... look at the variables.
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 31, 2017 at 08:37 PM

I WILL ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT ASK FOR HOW I DID BALANCE SPECIFIED PARTS-TAGS-PHILOSOPHY's OF THE MOD
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 31, 2017 at 08:39 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 09:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 18       
I mean the following questions with full legitimacy;

In what way does each weapon serve it's role, and how is that role accomplished?

For examples;

"The Assault Rifle is a mid range weapon, it's accuracy falls off after a certain range and is best against unshielded units. The PR also fits the midrange role, but is more accurate at range. To offset this, having a battery on the Plasma Rifle is a detriment in that you can't combine ammo between weapons. Also as the PR is geared towards shielded units and won't damage health as efficiently it's useful against elites and jackals but not as helpful against brutes or grunts, whereas the AR serves a more balanced damage role that is slightly tilted towards grunts and brutes."

"The carbine does blah blah blah, but is not as good as the battle rifle in this situation because of blah blah blah. However, since the carbine can blah blah blah, you're able to blah blah blah with it in blah blah blah situations"

What are some of the differences between the CMT weapon tags and the ones you have?

Examples: "AR has a decreased magazine to compensate for increased accuracy", or "DMR's accuracy is less variable, but the minimum spread is much higher"., or "Carbine now has slight homing when zoomed"

If you can legitimately answer these questions, without using "Masters is a dumbass" or "CMT sucks" in the explanation, you'll have earned back my respect. Not that my respect means much of anything.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 02:49 PM    Msg. 10 of 18       
You DO realize that you set yourself up for even more ridicule by making this thread the day before April Fools, right? If not, then fate has a sense of humor.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 09:57 PM    Msg. 11 of 18       
Is it cancelled?

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 04:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 18       
LoL for a reddit AMA.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 03:49 AM    Msg. 13 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Good question... Grunts health is 25 for the minors, 37.5 for majors and 50 for ultras-specops.
Jackals have 37.7 and 50
hunters have 200, 225 and 250
elites have 50h/50s, 50h/75s, 75h/75s and 125h/125s
brutes have 75, 100, 125, 150

All Ai's collision material have diferent weaknesses and strengths. Health and shield is conected to damage values and collision materials, i had to balance them manually.

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
Here's a question...

Because those aliens were shooting at my face.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Because the original Cmt's tsce tagset its just a vanilla tagset with new visuals... look at the variables.
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 31, 2017 at 08:37 PM

I WILL ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT ASK FOR HOW I DID BALANCE SPECIFIED PARTS-TAGS-PHILOSOPHY's OF THE MOD
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 31, 2017 at 08:39 PM

Why did you chose those health values?

Also the TSC:E tagset is so vastly different (and imo inferior to) the original game. It's like you didn't compare it to anything else at all.

But here are some specific questions.

1. How does your tagset do vehicle health? Having a set amount of hit points that depletes doesn't work in Halo unless you pollute maps with vehicles, hence SPV3 and TSC:E both having new unique health systems for the vehicles.

2. How do you balance having so many different headshot weapons?

3. What have you done to make the AR and the PR feel different, with them both having shallow "clips" other than the PR getting shield bonuses.

4. What changes have you made to the AI, and how do the changes you have made to the weapons effect the way the AI interacts with the player?

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 11:04 AM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: Assterz1337

3. What have you done to make the AR and the PR feel different, with them both having shallow "clips" other than the PR getting shield bonuses.

Shallow clips? You mean small magazines?

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 02:47 AM    Msg. 15 of 18       
In what way does each weapon serve it's role, and how is that role accomplished?

Assault rifle: A midrange secondary weapon that is usefull to kill unshielded enemies and jackals. In combination with plasma you can kill quickly brutes and elites... but hunter are difficult to hit.

Smg: mid-close range...The fastest close range weapon, usefull to take down grunts, unshielded jackals and elites that were weakende before.

Plasma rifle: A good mid-range secondary weapon usefull to take elites, brutes and jackals shields and then finish them with headshot capable or human-brute automatic. At certain scenario it can be usefull to kill brutes face to face and grunts at close range. Enemies can destroy your shields in seconds.

Brute Spiker: Close range weapon usefull to kill enemies with melees and shots. it can kill a hunter quikly than the other automatics.

Plasma pistol: The plasma pistol is a close range secondary weapon usefull to remove shields of jackals and elites at close range. The overcharge bolt is difficult to use and now uses 20%... if you have a headshot weapon you can take many elites and brutes like grunts. Grunts and jackals arent as acurate like the originals.

Magnum: powerfull close-mid range headshot capable weapon usefull to take groups of grunts and jackals, Is one of the weapons that in is better in combination with a plasma weapon like the pr or pp. no so great to take down brutes, elites and hunters alone.

Sniper rifle: long range weapon... i dont need to explain this one.

Rocket launcher: The most badass weapon, it can kill everything in seconds. It has 3 down sights projectile speed, number of rockets and speed.

Brute shot: I like this weapon, because it can stun hunter and kill most lower rank enemies with 2-3 shots, And it has the most powerfull melee damage of all weapons.

Carbine: The only headshot automatic weapon, it has a fast rate, role... mid-long range weapon, good to snipe small static unshielded units. Cb jackals use it at 28-32 world units.

Needler: Usefull weapon that i use againt brutes, sword elites and canon grunts. not so good againts elites, hunters and shielded jackals.

Shotgun: Short range weapon usefull to everything at close range (1 to 4) and do at least some damage at 7-8 units. It sucks against high ranked shielded units, and it can kill a hunter faster than most weapons. The flood can kill you in 1 to many shots, unlike h2- more like hce.

Battle rifle: slower rate of fire than the hp and cb but more oportunities to land headshots.Good to take unshielded targets from medium range like jackals and grunts. weaker shot against shields than the cb but greater damage againts health. For me it is better than the Cb and hp in most situations.

Shredder: A devastating close range weapon usefull to kill small groups of enemies or big units at close range. i find the shredder usefull against slower enemies like the brutes and small groups of grunts at close range (thanks to a faster firerate compare to the shotgun) , not so effective against shielded enemies and floods. To use this weapon you need to be face to face to kill an enemie due to the slow projectile speed. Enemies can kill you in 2 shots but are easy to evade and they need to be at very close range. (it has a worse range than the shotgun)

Hunter (bean and bolt): half of the shot of the hunter's bean is enough to kill a spartan player. Bolt direct shot= death but you can survive (depends of how far the player is of the explotion range)

Since im using this tagset with planet flood c and d, the answers are based on both gameplay and philosopy behind this mod.

What are some of the differences between the CMT weapon tags and the ones you have?

I changed the weapon's zoom, aim, movement, ai targeting parameters,magazine, triggers, projectiles and bullet damage from scratch.

The diference between Cmt's and this mod is that every weapon do around the same damage +- the damage modifiers for the type of weapon and collision materials. the projectile speeds are the only thing i had to test and figure out what to put, the total damage a weapon can do withot any modifier is 200p per magazine aproximatly, each weapon has a firerate equal to number of bullets divided by four seconds (with 2 exceptions, the Sg and Hg), To know the damage per bullet i diviede the maximun damaege (200) by the number of bullets(this means i have a tagset that all weapons have a proportional rate of fire and damage). Head shot weapons dont have as good damage multiplier against shields or health. I got the projectile error by dividing 57.3 by the custom aim assist range. Melee damage was changed to make small weapons do 15lower 25upper (+ acceleration), medium around 20l 30u, big ones 30l and 40u... Brute weapons have a damage bonus against. Explosive projectiles like the bs, hg, rl and granades (etc) have a damage radius that fades (lower the damage) you know.

Is it cancelled?

No.

Why did you chose those health values?

Because, it is a lot easier to manipulate them.

How does your tagset do vehicle health?

Im using the Tsce method, the only thing i did to tsce vehicles was some changes to the health and materials to make vehicles work with the new damage and health values.

How do you balance having so many different headshot weapons?

There is only 4 headshot weapons Br, Hp, Cb and Sr. The difference between automatics and headshot capable is that headshot weapons have weaker shots (no bonus, or noticeable), also headshot weapons have zoom. For me the Dmr its just a covenant carbine. To compensate the weaker shot Ai's do have extra Bonus values.

What have you done to make the AR and the PR feel different, with them both having shallow "clips" other than the PR getting shield bonuses?

Both weapons have similar aim ranges, firerates (ar 8-8 and pr 7-9 per second), error angles. The plasma rifle shots 28 bolts that do a damage of 7 to 8, to compensate the slow bullets the pr can stun and ping resistant units (like the original hce pr).

What changes have you made to the AI, and how do the changes you have made to the weapons effect the way the AI interacts with the player?

Later... still writting it.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 04:07 AM    Msg. 16 of 18       
Impressive. Haven't and probably won't check the tagset's balance, but a huge amount of thought went into a complete system for it, so, Well Done.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 06:02 AM    Msg. 17 of 18       
Mostly sounds like he is just leaving what is already there, or at least reverting it back to a more classic interpretation of the weapons. Which the evolved tagset desperately needed anyway.

Are you aware that with your vehicle health system, players can just mash Q to keep their warthog alive before it explodes?

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 10:51 AM    Msg. 18 of 18       
So some of this looks built upon tsc:e post mortem and the ce manual. It may well not be but personally i'd prefer a beak down for each individual weapon covering specific points.

> Ar

. Range:

. Usage:

. Damage:

. Value changes: (from past to present and it's influences and concequences.)

_______

> Pr
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 4, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 7:19 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website