A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Adjutant EMF3 Importer

Author Topic: Adjutant EMF3 Importer (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 03:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
When using the importer, what folder am I supposed to select for the root data folder?
I've tried the folder I extracted the EMF to, the root directory of Adjutant. Not sure what to pick here.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 05:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
When using the importer, what folder am I supposed to select for the root data folder?
I've tried the folder I extracted the EMF to, the root directory of Adjutant. Not sure what to pick here.

U mean for textures?

For me if im extracting say an elite model i'll:

1. Create a folder on the desktop called "elite" Extract the elite model into the elite folder.

2. For my textures I just create a folder within my elite folder called "textures" and extract my textures into there.

So in max when it asks me for my root data I simple just select the "textures" folder.

So to clarify the root data folder would be:

C:\users\flankatehamazin\desktop\elite\textures
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 5, 2017 at 05:31 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 03:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Is this compatible with 3DS Max 2010?

I tried importing without shaders, it never asked for a root folder, seemed to complete instantly but didn't actually import any geometry or even empty objects.

To clarify, I'm extracting ODST bsp sections. Didn't realize I had to extract textures manually. That's a pretty serious pain.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 11:00 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Is this compatible with 3DS Max 2010?

I tried importing without shaders, it never asked for a root folder, seemed to complete instantly but didn't actually import any geometry or even empty objects.

To clarify, I'm extracting ODST bsp sections. Didn't realize I had to extract textures manually. That's a pretty serious pain.

I have 2010 too so Ill give it a look see and see whats what.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 07:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Let me know what you find, if it's just me or what.

TheHaloKnight

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 09:32 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
working on 3ds max 2010 32bits rn and everything imports correctly, the uvs, markers, bones, everything.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 09:37 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Edit: Nvm, seems to be somewhat working now, I got a few faces. Bad extracts I suppose.

Edit^2: Wow this thing works well.

Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 7, 2017 at 01:09 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 24, 2017 11:38 PM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website