A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Those elite bipeds...

Author Topic: Those elite bipeds... (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 08:11 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in the past but has anyone ever figured out how to edit the elite biped to look exactly like the minor, major, commander and spec ops elites?

I made custom textures but they look a little off and I can never get them to look 100% accurate compared to the actor variant textures.

I've also been hearing rumours that it has something to do with cubemaps. I've experimented with every tag combo I could think of and I either get a texture that doesn't change or something that looks like the actor variant but slightly off.

Any ideas?

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 06:16 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in the past but has anyone ever figured out how to edit the elite biped to look exactly like the minor, major, commander and spec ops elites?

I made custom textures but they look a little off and I can never get them to look 100% accurate compared to the actor variant textures.

I've also been hearing rumours that it has something to do with cubemaps. I've experimented with every tag combo I could think of and I either get a texture that doesn't change or something that looks like the actor variant but slightly off.

Any ideas?

The Actor Variants use Color Change properties. The multipurpose bitmap has an alpha map that controls the color change mask; Darker areas get changed less, brighter get changed more.

If you wanted to simulate this in the diffuse maps, you would want to use a photoshop layer above the diffuse with the color from the actor variant setup, and set the multipurpose map's alpha layer to act as a mask for the layer containing the actor variant's color.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 24, 2017 11:37 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website