A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Sapien Randomly Freezing/Not Resonding

Author Topic: Sapien Randomly Freezing/Not Resonding (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sod

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 07:51 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Sapien runs and opens a map scenario fine, but sometimes when I press on say the 'properties palette' the whole program will freeze up.

I'm on Windows 10, running Sapien in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 2) and as admin.

JadeRifter

I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 02:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I'm using windows 10 and running sapien as admin, I didn't need to mess with compatibility mode. Does the program crash when this happens? The debug might spit something out useful for us to see.

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 02:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
If you're taking about the default sapien that comes with the HEK, you'll probably need to set its CPU affinity to only run on a single core.

EDIT: Oh and if you've ever used OS_sapien, delete sapien.config. It conflicts with stock sapien causing the freeze on interacting with properties window. Take it out of compatibility mode.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 11, 2017 at 02:38 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 02:17 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Your scenario is likely screwed, this usually happens when you have touched the scenario with open sauce and then try to load it in default sapien.

I don't suggest using any compatibility mode or cpu affinity settings as that can worsen how it works.

JadeRifter

I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 02:25 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Your scenario is likely screwed, this usually happens when you have touched the scenario with open sauce and then try to load it in default sapien.

I don't suggest using any compatibility mode or cpu affinity settings as that can worsen how it works.

The scenario doesn't load at all for me if I do that. It might be worth trying OS_Sapien though, might be an issue with OS tags.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 22, 2017 10:54 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website