A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »[HELP] Look at creators map scenarios

Author Topic: [HELP] Look at creators map scenarios (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sod

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 02:04 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
(I didn't really know what to name this thread)

Is there a way to look at how someone has set up their map in Sapien?

By that I mean, is there a way to extract the .scenario from someone else's map file and see what they would see in Sapien whilst editing their .scenario file.

Just curious at seeing how others set up AI squads and stuff in Sapien, just want to see examples and other stuff.

(this might be worded terribly, I don't know much about HCE modding).

JadeRifter

I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 05:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sod
(I didn't really know what to name this thread)

Is there a way to look at how someone has set up their map in Sapien?

By that I mean, is there a way to extract the .scenario from someone else's map file and see what they would see in Sapien whilst editing their .scenario file.

Just curious at seeing how others set up AI squads and stuff in Sapien, just want to see examples and other stuff.

(this might be worded terribly, I don't know much about HCE modding).

Hek+ will extract the tags and scenario you need to edit the map. You need to recursively extract the .scenario. The program also needs to be ran in compatibility mode for old windows or it will glitch out and crash.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1542

Sod

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 07:59 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
How do I recursively extract the .scenario?
I know that I drag all the files into the queue and hit start, but I assume there's a different way that I'm meant to be doing it.

JadeRifter

I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 08:05 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sod
How do I recursively extract the .scenario?
I know that I drag all the files into the queue and hit start, but I assume there's a different way that I'm meant to be doing it.

Don't bother dragging all the files, navigate to the .scenario, right click "extract to" and set your tags directory, check "recursive" and "use original folder names".

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 24, 2017 10:00 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website