A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Wars: Definitive Edition pc

Author Topic: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition pc (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 09:57 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
so I found this on steam, it's about time this got on pc.

you know this is the odd thing ,about halo wars pc, it works on win 7, I mean didn't they say win 10 was a thing? and win 7 was a no no?.

also linkhttp://store.steampowered.com/app/459220/

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 11:09 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

you know this is the odd thing ,about halo wars pc, it works on win 7, I mean didn't they say win 10 was a thing? and win 7 was a no no?.

The original game wasn't designed with Windows 10 in mind. And without completely deconstructing the game to make it so, steam or whoever is in charge of distribution wouldn't declare explicitly that the game was meant for win10 unless they felt confident that it would operate flawlessly.

Needless to say thanks to official hot patch support, there shouldn't be too many issues.

theTeabagger

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 12:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Is it a fun game especially if you had keyboard and mouse support, or does it have generic feel?

Pepzee

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 01:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

The original Halo Wars was released in March 2009, which was before Windows 7 was released in October 2009. I think it makes sense that it runs on older operating systems because of when it was developed.

I had no idea the original Halo Wars was ported to PC, that is good news.

DOOM899

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 06:47 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger
Is it a fun game especially if you had keyboard and mouse support, or does it have generic feel?
I haven't tried it yet, but it should have keyboard and mouse support.

[QT]Pepzee[QT] The original Halo Wars was released in March 2009, which was before Windows 7 was released in October 2009. I think it makes sense that it runs on older operating systems because of when it was developed.

I had no idea the original Halo Wars was ported to PC, that is good news.[QT] it's not just a port, as Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an enhanced version of the real-time strategy classic, Halo Wars, updated to run natively on PC.

Set early in the iconic war between the Covenant and UNSC - made famous by the Halo FPS games - Halo Wars: Definitive Edition provides a unique angle on the war while bringing new heroes to the battlefield. Control large Halo armies and direct them in action-packed warfare.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition includes improved graphics, new achievements and all the DLC from the landmark game. Experience the epic campaign or compete in online multiplayer battles with armies of powerful Halo forces at your command.

Network play for this product is exclusive to Steam. Cross-play with Windows Store versions of the same game is not supported. , also happy about this as well.

[QT]Super Flanker{QT}The original game wasn't designed with Windows 10 in mind. And without completely deconstructing the game to make it so, steam or whoever is in charge of distribution wouldn't declare explicitly that the game was meant for win10 unless they felt confident that it would operate flawlessly.

Needless to say thanks to official hot patch support, there shouldn't be too many issues{QT}.

yeah 343 did this, that's why I find it odd, but that the same time cool, as soon as I get off work, today I'M going to buy this.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 06:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Prolly won't run on my pc anyway. Mb I'll just co-op online minesweeper with tark. :v

DOOM899

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 06:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Prolly won't run on my pc anyway. Mb I'll just co-op online minesweeper with tark. :v

Processor: Intel Core i3 or Equivalent

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4200 NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M AMD Radeon R5 M240

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 12 GB available space

my laptop could run this as well, so you should be able to run it.
Edited by DOOM899 on Apr 23, 2017 at 06:54 PM

Ling Ling Lang

Are you finding Ling Ling?

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 11:13 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger

KB&M is pretty good, they have some new stuff like control groups and window select. My biggest complaint so far are the restrictions on key rebindings.

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Its surprisingly well optimized, and the somewhat flexible graphics/resolution options help performance issues. Honestly, if your PC meets the min specs at all, it'll probably run just fine.

theTeabagger

Posted: May 13, 2017 08:48 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
no keypad and mouse support, that is retarded.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: May 17, 2017 02:22 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
I cant start halo wars, just watch the movies and use the menu. id tried many things , do anyone share the same problem?... if not then.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 17, 2017 04:36 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
I cant start halo wars, just watch the movies and use the menu. id tried many things , do anyone share the same problem?... if not then.

Gonna try it out soon, so I'll see if I got the same problems in a few days

DOOM899

Posted: May 20, 2017 11:43 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Did you read the,
System Requirements? because halo wars works for me, so that's just odd maybe update your, divers may help?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 1:45 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website