A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »custom map doesn't load

Author Topic: custom map doesn't load (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Arbiter08

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 10:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
Hi there, new to modding in general so bear with me please.

I'm trying to create a custom singleplayer level, but when I try to load the level in Halo CE using the console, all I get is a halo ring which fades into a blackscreen with no music.

I'm on Windows 10 (everything else I've gotten working so far) and yes, other custom maps will load. I can even load a different map from the console while at the blackscreen (sucessfully). I've been trying to figure this out, but I'm stumped, so help would be very appreciated! :)

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 01:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Arbiter08

I'm trying to create a custom singleplayer level, but when I try to load the level in Halo CE using the console, all I get is a halo ring which fades into a blackscreen with no music.

I'm on Windows 10 (everything else I've gotten working so far) and yes, other custom maps will load. I can even load a different map from the console while at the blackscreen (sucessfully). I've been trying to figure this out, but I'm stumped, so help would be very appreciated! :)

Have you placed a single spawn point for "All Games"? Does the level load in Sapien? Is it the scenario set to be a "Single Player" level in guerilla?

JadeRifter

I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 01:26 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       

I'm pretty sure you need at least one spawn point set to "all games". None of the starting equipment can be grenades or you might get an exception error, you set those in the globals. Check in sapien if the map is set to single player, click on the "mission" folder and set it to single player.

Arbiter08

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 08:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Yes the level loads in Sapien, no there are no starting grenades, and it is set to type 'solo'. I'm assuming that's the same as singleplayer since for myself there isn't a 'singleplayer' option.

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 09:23 AM    Msg. 5 of 13       
the spawnpoint is supposed to not have any gametypes

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 10:11 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
the spawnpoint is supposed to not have any gametypes

This^

I was mistaken, set all gametypes for the spawn to be "None"

Post back if it's still not working, we'll go from there.

Arbiter08

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 01:09 PM    Msg. 7 of 13       
I had three points, one set to all ganetypes, one set to none, and one set to slayer I think. Still nothing.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 06:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
I had three points, one set to all ganetypes, one set to none, and one set to slayer I think. Still nothing.

Upload a .RAR of your map? I can extract the tags and investigate it from there.

Arbiter08

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 06:49 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       

JadeRifter

I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 06:58 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
I just looked in your map and there was nothing in it. I couldn't see anything, not even after running radiosity. It was box.scenario right? I didn't even see any player starting points. Maybe your tools are not saving to the right folder. Try setting all the hek tools to be ran as admin, then redo what you did and save it and recompile.

Arbiter08

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 08:45 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
Running my tools as admin fixed the problem, thank you all so much! :D

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 08:59 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       

they all need to be none, all four slots.

Arbiter08

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 10:26 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
I had them as the different types to see if any of them would work, but now that I ran the tools as an admin the problem's been fixed.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat September 23, 2017 2:11 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website