A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »A crazy idea

Author Topic: A crazy idea (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: May 4, 2017 05:00 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
So I was working on something, and for some reason the map keeps crashing. I take a look at the debug.txt, and see:

05.04.17 01:52:49  EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\units\units.c,#8284: (grenade_type >= 0) && (grenade_type < NUMBER_OF_UNIT_GRENADE_TYPES)

and think "Ah, it's gotta be something wrong with OS. i'll dig around in the units, and see what's wrong."

...But then I take a second look:

\halopc\haloce\source\units\units.c,#8284: (grenade_type >= 0) && (grenade_type < NUMBER_OF_UNIT_GRENADE_TYPES)

This error generated the exact location, the C file, and the line in the actual source code... which got me thinking: Is it theoretically possible to generate an error, on every single line of every single file in the source code? If it is... then there is a solution to getting access to the code.

Like the title says, it's a crazy idea, but i'm interested what the community thinks... so go ahead and post your thoughts. Thanks for taking a read folks!

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 4, 2017 07:25 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Would be cool, but I'm sure that not every line of code can produce an error so we should harness the power of the code generation from the error system and convert the file to code

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: May 4, 2017 07:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
The question is, what code are you tying to access? For the actual game's code you just need to bypass the encryption before running the files through a decompiler. The code that gets spat out is going to be either in machine code or assembly after that though.

As for OS, its already Open Source aint it?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 4, 2017 07:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Moses where you at?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu May 28, 2020 3:21 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website