A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Sapien FPS lag?

Author Topic: Sapien FPS lag? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Influginza

Posted: May 6, 2017 06:30 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew why Sapien for H2V is running slow? I get about 5-20fps. I did set sapien to run on my GFX card instead of my integrated graphics card. Halo 2 itself gives me smooth 60fps, so I don't know what the deal is. I have a Nvidia 1060.

edit: I'd like to also point out that I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks.
Edited by Influginza on May 6, 2017 at 06:35 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: May 7, 2017 03:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Windows 10 is your problem. There is severe incompatability with Windows 10 and ANYTHING that needs/uses DX9. Switch back to Windows 7 and all will be fixed.

And no, as of yet there is no fix for this. You can see for yourself in debug with Sapien, that DX calls are causing the issue. Neither the community nor Microsoft have any fix for this. Those running Sapien or H2V fine in Windows 10 are in the extreme lucky minority. Mine worked fine till updates got installed, uninstalled some apps and or installed new ones...then everything went downhill.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 7, 2017 06:49 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       

Influginza

Posted: May 7, 2017 12:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
Windows 10 is your problem. There is severe incompatability with Windows 10 and ANYTHING that needs/uses DX9. Switch back to Windows 7 and all will be fixed.

And no, as of yet there is no fix for this. You can see for yourself in debug with Sapien, that DX calls are causing the issue. Neither the community nor Microsoft have any fix for this. Those running Sapien or H2V fine in Windows 10 are in the extreme lucky minority. Mine worked fine till updates got installed, uninstalled some apps and or installed new ones...then everything went downhill.

Kind of weird that Halo Custom Editions Sapien runs better than Halo 2's. But thank you for the help.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 20, 2017 1:04 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website