A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CD key invalid

Author Topic: CD key invalid (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SKyWolf

Posted: May 11, 2017 02:59 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Whenever i try to host a game the message "CD key invalid" pops up. Why is this?
Also what does the "haloceded" (dedicated server) patch does? Is it for hosting games? Any guide on how to use it?

DeadHamster

Posted: May 11, 2017 03:40 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: SKyWolf
Whenever i try to host a game the message "CD key invalid" pops up. Why is this?

It means you stole the game. There's a database somehow associated with the servers that prevents CD keys that are known to be fraudulent from being used Online.

SKyWolf

Posted: May 11, 2017 04:16 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Didn't we all did? A friend that downloaded the same Halo CE can create games. Does this has to do with the Halo CE Dedicated server patch? Or how can I host an internet game?

DeadHamster

Posted: May 11, 2017 04:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Didn't we all did? A friend that downloaded the same Halo CE can create games. Does this has to do with the Halo CE Dedicated server patch? Or how can I host an internet game?

Did you guys use the same CD key?

Not all the keys out there are known frauds, he may have gotten lucky. The dedicated server won't help unless you install, I believe it's SAPP, on it, which has an option to disable key checking.

I myself purchased the game from Best Buy roughly 10 years ago, but have had to reacquire it many times since then.
Edited by DeadHamster on May 11, 2017 at 04:34 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 11, 2017 05:35 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Didn't we all did?

Speak for yourself there buddy.

SKyWolf

Posted: May 11, 2017 03:10 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: Speak for yourself there buddy.

You know what I mean, we paid the game rights when purchasing, and the base of these forums & customizations is shady in legal terms to say the least.

As it turns out it all had to do with installing SAPP, thanks!

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: May 13, 2017 05:00 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
the base of these forums & customizations is shady in legal terms to say the least.

Try again. Custom Edition was created explicitly for the purpose of having a standalone development and play environment for custom Halo maps.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 8:39 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website