A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Does anyone need AI sync

Author Topic: Does anyone need AI sync (18 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 15, 2017 12:09 PM    Msg. 1 of 18       
Here's the deal - I have absolutely no motivation to work on anything halo related and AI sync was pretty much ready for a public beta release. There's still a lot of issues with this: AI doesn't sync in vehicles, sync doesn't work well with a lot of bipeds and of course there are crashes sometimes. Setting up bipeds and weapons for AI sync is pretty complicated (can take 1 or 2 days for one biped), I tried to make it as simple as I could but I failed. If you're willing to put effort into this then I can give you the scripts, tags and stuff. At some point in the future I will finish this, I don't like abandoning projects but I also can't bring myself to work on it.

MatthewDratt

Harder on myself than your dad is to you

Posted: May 15, 2017 12:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 18       
Release it at CE3 2017

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: May 15, 2017 01:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 18       
Obviously people need it. The question is can you do it? Stop selling us on these lies.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: May 15, 2017 01:36 PM    Msg. 4 of 18       
I want it but I don't have the skills to implement this, much less develop. If you do continue developing this I would definitely use it.

altis94

Posted: May 15, 2017 01:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 18       
If you know how to add AI to a map then you can learn how to set it up to be synced. It's not hard, just takes a lot of time because you need to create a vehicle for each animation that you want to sync and stuff.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 15, 2017 02:56 PM    Msg. 6 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Just takes a lot of time because you need to create a vehicle for each animation that you want to sync and stuff.

My motivation just went flacid.......

FtDSpartn

Nevermore.

Posted: May 15, 2017 03:51 PM    Msg. 7 of 18       
If you know how to add AI to a map then you can learn how to set it up to be synced. It's not hard, just takes a lot of time because you need to create a vehicle for each animation that you want to sync and stuff.

Sounds like something that could be automated using a tool.

altis94

Posted: May 15, 2017 03:55 PM    Msg. 8 of 18       
I already asked for a tool weeks ago, nobody responded http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50105

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: May 15, 2017 11:22 PM    Msg. 9 of 18       
I already asked for a tool weeks ago, nobody responded http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50105

Damn. Not even one reply... That's tough.

lol

DeadHamster

Posted: May 15, 2017 11:44 PM    Msg. 10 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Obviously people need it. The question is can you do it? Stop selling us on these lies.

Are you always this big of a twat? Can you help it or is it some autistic side-effect you have no mental control over? Every post from you is some moronic yet-still holier-than-thou drivel that some aspie 15 year old would write;

Quote: wHAT THE HELL IS A MOZZ? O wait is that the name of somethign your programmed that doesntly relate to anything of whatever it does. You want a job doing what you do but clearly express a lack of common sense in how you named it. Your program could be amazing or solve the world's problem but with how you expressed its use is terrible.

Quote: Cant wait to try out that upgraded extrude feature. Going to bring my maps to the next level.

Quote: I would love to see you sell anything first because I doubt you would. Even if you did sell anything it would probably be immaterial for Microsoft to care. Just sell your stuff if you think you can.

Quote: Make it extract to a tiff

Altis the app you're looking for is a bit much for me to piece together or I'd be happy to assist. Just not familiar enough with Animation Tags to be dissecting and reassembling them at the level of quality you'd be looking for.

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: May 16, 2017 12:40 AM    Msg. 11 of 18       
With the decade or so that went into this, wouldn't it have been easier to just ignore halo entirely and use loosely bootstrapped custom netcode....
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 16, 2017 at 12:44 AM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 16, 2017 05:56 PM    Msg. 12 of 18       
To be honest, Il Duco Primo is one of the Halomaps elders so he can afford being a dick xD

And Altis, I didn't even see that thread, and I try to read them all, so I've no idea what happened to it :/

DeadHamster

Posted: May 16, 2017 07:01 PM    Msg. 13 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
To be honest, Il Duco Primo is one of the Halomaps elders so he can afford being a dick xD

Well if that matters;

http://old.halomods.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=73252

Ive been in the community longer than he has. If he can afford being a dick I can afford calling him out on it.

MEGA_VKNG

Now retired from CE, enjoy DW! https://goo.gl/1Bup

Posted: May 16, 2017 07:26 PM    Msg. 14 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

Well if that matters;

http://old.halomods.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=73252

Ive been in the community longer than he has. If he can afford being a dick I can afford calling him out on it.

This. I don't think anyone can afford "being a dick" just based on age. There's stupid people who have been here since '05.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: May 16, 2017 08:17 PM    Msg. 15 of 18       
It was not an attempt at "being a dick". I was stating that its an obvious thing that the community has always wanted syncing ai. I don't think this has changed nor will it. So simply stating that if you can and are willing to make this work, then do it. Unless I missed the point of this thread then so be it, but from what I read it sounded like Altis could create syncing ai and was asking if he should do it, which to me seems like a stupid yes.

Yea, stupid people spend over a year making weapons with color changes.
Edited by il Duce Primo on May 16, 2017 at 08:18 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 17, 2017 04:35 AM    Msg. 16 of 18       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo

It was not an attempt at "being a dick". I was stating that its an obvious thing that the community has always wanted syncing ai. I don't think this has changed nor will it. So simply stating that if you can and are willing to make this work, then do it. Unless I missed the point of this thread then so be it, but from what I read it sounded like Altis could create syncing ai and was asking if he should do it, which to me seems like a stupid yes.

Yea, stupid people spend over a year making weapons with color changes.

Small difference is, Altis actually got it to work already

altis94

Posted: May 17, 2017 05:03 AM    Msg. 17 of 18       
Yes, it already kind of works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJVS_5diMoc

As I already mentioned, I will finish this at some point. I just want to know if anyone wants to make a map using this.

DeadHamster

Posted: May 17, 2017 06:20 AM    Msg. 18 of 18       
Altis im going out to get breakfast but when Im back Im gonna send you a PM. After re-reading what you need that app to do I feel more comfortable. Lets get this done.
Edited by DeadHamster on May 17, 2017 at 06:22 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 29, 2017 11:13 PM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website