A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Where to find an install key these days?

Author Topic: Where to find an install key these days? (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Tricky

I cant think of a quote...

Posted: May 19, 2017 06:17 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
Hello all,

Ive recently come back to halo after a good long time away, and I installed this great game last night.

Now I myself have an original boxed halo copy (with key) so I can install the game no problem, however I have a few friends who may want to play also. Whats the best way to find/buy a key so they can install too?

Thanks

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: May 19, 2017 10:02 AM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Legit/Legal Way
https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-PC/dp/B00009TW6R?th=1
You'll get another cd, but that cd will come with a legit and unique key.

Finding Key of Questionable Legality
Although I know how one might go about this, it would be frowned upon for me to say, but you could ask google. That would be the Smart way of finding a Serial.
Edited by TheMrJezza_ on May 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 19, 2017 03:39 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
K
E
Y

G

E
N

Tucker933

Tucker933.com

Posted: May 19, 2017 05:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tricky
Now I myself have an original boxed halo copy (with key) so I can install the game no problem, however I have a few friends who may want to play also. Whats the best way to find/buy a key so they can install too?

Most servers don't check keys these days as far as I'm aware, so you can get away with using the same key unless you want to play everywhere.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: May 19, 2017 09:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
download the hce from here and then buy the digital copy, use the bought code with your halo custom edition. or write anything until halo ce installs and then update it to the newest patch.

sparky

Posted: May 21, 2017 11:38 AM    Msg. 6 of 10       
The "best way" is to buy Halo PC for $20 and install both that and Halo Custom Edition on your Windows 7 computer.

You said that your friends "may want to play". If they do, tell them to buy a copy of Halo PC through Amazon.com. Microsoft does not sell CD Keys independently of the software. Given my archives of things, a CD Key is a boundary between you and piracy and should be respected. If they are your friends, which is what you said, then you could be a friend and buy them each a copy of the game -- if you are sure that they are planning to actually play it with you -- or do such out of generosity.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: May 21, 2017 09:35 PM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Until very recently you could buy it on the Microsoft store if you were in America. For those of us who aren't (And don't want to be either), I bought mine off amazon for like $20 including postage.

XxPopeAK49xX

It's better being a jerk.

Posted: May 22, 2017 11:02 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
How about you get a job and get $20. Get a life, game is dead anyways.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 23, 2017 05:19 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
How about you get a job and get $20. Get a life, game is dead anyways.

Wow Pope, what's your problem as of lately?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 25, 2017 12:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
K
E
Y

G

E
N

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri July 21, 2017 6:45 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website