A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Doing battle with OBS and failing.

Author Topic: Doing battle with OBS and failing. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MadBomber

Posted: May 29, 2017 07:56 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Was hoping to be able to set up my OBS so I could stream a little Halo on Twitch. The problem is I'm getting the joyous black screen though I am getting sound.

Normally, I would think the best option would go to OBS forums and ask them, but given the fact that I have multiple friends online that think I'm legitimately making up Halo for the PC, I figure that I'll ask the people that have been working with this game for years.

Do you guys have any idea where I might start troubleshooting?

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: May 29, 2017 08:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
I use Adobe media encoder to compress my videos. And OBS... Took me days to figure out the black screen problem. But I'll look through my settings in a little while and see what I can come up with

Edited by OrangeJuice on May 29, 2017 at 09:05 PM

What worked for me was putting Output Mode on Advanced, the Encoder on x264.
And under the Advanced tab on the left: Color format: NV12, 709, Partial

Because adobe media encoder kept acting like the file didn't have a video-track. Period.
And when you try to open it with virtualdub, it keeps saying it has some stupidly exotic color format

(since you want to stream, hopefully these settings work for the streaming function too)

Edited by OrangeJuice on May 29, 2017 at 09:16 PM

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: May 30, 2017 05:43 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Play on borderless windowed and record the screen maybe.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 8:10 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website