A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Back again and going for a restart

Author Topic: Back again and going for a restart (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ScarFOx

Yo buddy! You still alive?- Pixy 1995

Posted: May 30, 2017 04:04 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Been a long time I posted here. But anyway after a long time I been working on small brutal doom addons and projects at school I havenít really been able to mod halo in a long time. After playing SPV3 for another 20 hours and firefight descent. I decided drop the whole campaign mod Idea I was mostly doing that for something to do while waiting for SPV3 as a whole but oh well.

So whatís new? Well came up with this idea of playing as a marine, I havenít seen anyone doing this other than Jobalisk but the problem is you are actually playing the marine in terms of biped and Ai making the gameplay annoying sometimes. This isnít a post of me going. ďWell I sure can do it WAAAAAYYY better than this guy!Ē No just wanted to improve the idea enough of me going over the possible replies that may show up. So you play as a simple marine same health and shields as all the other marines but Iím going farther with that.

Weapons you normally use or play in a special play style are going to change. Basic rifles have no change in movement or speed but when it comes to heavy weapons like the rocket launcher, sniper rifle etc, will have a lower movement speed. You will feel the recoil in these weapons for most of the human and less in the covenant weapons depending on the type smaller weapons such as the needler, plasma rifle AKA SMG I like to call it, plasma pistol, socom, and the human SMG will be your best friends. Rockets fly faster and bullets will lose their power after a distance. Grenades are simple but more powerful with 2 new grenades such as the stun and flame grenade. Sprint will be built in and also will not be timed only depends how you use it too much will tire you out in the future. Health Regen may vary in the stuff I put out. I donít think there is a way to make smaller health kits/Field dressings refill your health in a lower amount (could be wrong). Armor will break over time so armor pickups are a thing similar in doom, but armor canít always protect you from most damage some of that damage may end up going through you in the process.

The missions if I could think some are not going to be your average halo mission. (Move on as a one man army kill a large group of enemies when realistically you are supposed to die but because youíre the hero you can overcome most stuff your allies just really suck) (After that drive a hog, tank or fly a hornet, falcon etc to the next point and do that again for the next 50 times). The encounters are more like PR or arma styled with that mixture of that halo style fireteam vs fireteam Squad vs Squad, Platoon vs platoon, Light armor with infantry, Platoon with CAS (Close Air Support) vs heavy Armor and the possibilities goes on and on. Mission layout random I always wanted most mission to play out more dynamic, an simple point A to point B, Becomes a firefight, defense, Assault & Secure, Rush, etc, due to the actions in the mission. Let too many of the covenant alive to retreat and regroup, didnít take down enough dropships, didnít save or have any more allies, found enough intel, and other possibilities I canít think of right now.
Edited by ScarFOx on May 30, 2017 at 04:06 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 31, 2017 05:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
what are you going to do for content. the successor to SPV3 is recruiting, and some of your ideas are things we wanted to explore with it.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: May 31, 2017 05:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
what are you going to do for content. the successor to SPV3 is recruiting, and some of your ideas are things we wanted to explore with it.

Recruit me. Cmt needs faglonimator
Edited by Halonimator on May 31, 2017 at 05:38 PM
Edited by Halonimator on May 31, 2017 at 05:42 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 12:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
I've wanted a good Marine-based SP for a while now, so you've got my attention. Would be nice to see more in-depth weapon mechanics and an emphasis on working in concert with your NPC allies.

ScarFOx

Yo buddy! You still alive?- Pixy 1995

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 06:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Well for content I'll have to use what other people upload me being the lonefox out their with little skill with 3d models and other art basic stuff, But the main and important point is to show how you interact with these weapons and characters. Dreamweb just got released and I can't wait to mess around with the colors on the covenant weapons, Mainly spec ops versions of the weapons(I'll come up with a concept soon)

For Masterz:
An Successor to SPV3 recruiting? Damn I honestly I didn't really think you would look into stuff like this. I don't know if you would really want me in your team. I not really fully skilled into modding halo just yet but improving, so I guess I could do the best that I can to help if needed.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 08:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       

test my newest tagset and find out why its an enhanced halo ce anti-any other halo philosophy specially 343i halos and reach (even if im using all hr assets). My new tagset and my last cmt(the mod i did was a small preview of what i wanted to do-make with halo ce to enhance it)... my new tagset is the enhanced HALO CE evolution it deserves, since fk h2 and 343i halos... specially 343i ones... h3 and hr were only made to undo the damage h2 did to halo CE's single player and h4-5g are cashgrabe made by haters and people who care about money,call of duty and pooin the original HCE and bungie saga.

If i join CMT i will try to help to make the TRUE,BEST,MAGNIFICENT,IMPROVED HALO CE EXPERIENCE... i love halo ce more tan any other except the mp since it suckscompared to h3 and even h2 and hr... i dont consider 343i halo's halo games.

not m00kz

are you pecking kidding me

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 01:23 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

test my newest tagset and find out why its an enhanced halo ce anti-any other halo philosophy specially 343i halos and reach (even if im using all hr assets). My new tagset and my last cmt(the mod i did was a small preview of what i wanted to do-make with halo ce to enhance it)... my new tagset is the enhanced HALO CE evolution it deserves, since fk h2 and 343i halos... specially 343i ones... h3 and hr were only made to undo the damage h2 did to halo CE's single player and h4-5g are cashgrabe made by haters and people who care about money,call of duty and pooin the original HCE and bungie saga.

If i join CMT i will try to help to make the TRUE,BEST,MAGNIFICENT,IMPROVED HALO CE EXPERIENCE... i love halo ce more tan any other except the mp since it suckscompared to h3 and even h2 and hr... i dont consider 343i halo's halo games.

I'd imagine that depends on whether or not your content is anything like your grammar

XxPopeAK49xX

It's better being a jerk.

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 02:52 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
You restarted in the wrong modding community.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 23, 2017 11:19 AM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website