A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 (50 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 01:34 AM    Msg. 36 of 50       
Sorry, forgot to say to check "Force reinstall" before you hit upgrade. If that doesn't do it, then message me your discord or skype and I'll be able to help you more.

GirtheDoge

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 07:30 PM    Msg. 37 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Sorry, forgot to say to check "Force reinstall" before you hit upgrade. If that doesn't do it, then message me your discord or skype and I'll be able to help you more.

For some reason Refinery doesnt work for me. I installed MEK correctly.(download python,check add to path,run MEK installer etc) only a handful of programs work for me and refinery doesnt work. the command prompt stays open doing nothing
heres the output

Refinery is warming up...
Importing supyr_struct modules
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Huma\Documents\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\Refinery.py", line 3, in <module>
from refinery_core.main import *
File "C:\Users\Huma\Documents\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\refinery_core\main.py", line 24, in <module>
from supyr_struct.defs.util import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'supyr_struct.defs.util'

help plz

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 08:27 PM    Msg. 38 of 50       
This issue seems to be occurring for lots of people for some reason, so I figured it's time to tell everyone what's going on and how to manually fix this.

Python has a package manager called Pip, and the MEK_Installer calls on it to look for the packages that my library depends on. For some reason(I think it might be due to a version naming convention), Pip is using an old version of some of the libraries, even when there are new versions available. Pip's job is more or less to find those packages, download them, and install them to python's site-packages folder so python apps can find and use them.

Here are steps to manually download the newest versions and install them. It's not hard or complicated.

1: Locate your python installation folder and in it go to "Lib\site-packages\"(mine is "C:\Python35\Lib\site-packages"). If you've already run the MEK_Installer and it completed you should see at least these 4 folders in there: binilla, mozzarilla, reclaimer, supyr_struct.

2: Delete those 4 folders and any folders that look like them, but with a bunch of other crap on the end(like binilla-2017.4.17.dist-info)

3: Download the most up to date versions of each of those 4 from my Bitbucket repositories:
Binilla: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/binilla/downloads/
Mozzarilla: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/mozzarilla/downloads/
Reclaimer: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/reclaimer/downloads/
Supyr Struct: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/supyr_struct/downloads/

4: Unzip them to the site-packages folder and make sure to rename them to binilla, mozzarilla, reclaimer, and supyr_struct.

This should fix the problem, and should make it so you can update just fine from now on. Alternatively, I think I might've just fixed the issue, so you're welcome to try the running the update function of the installer with "force reinstall" again.

GirtheDoge

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 11:42 PM    Msg. 39 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
This issue seems to be occurring for lots of people for some reason, so I figured it's time to tell everyone what's going on and how to manually fix this.

Python has a package manager called Pip, and the MEK_Installer calls on it to look for the packages that my library depends on. For some reason(I think it might be due to a version naming convention), Pip is using an old version of some of the libraries, even when there are new versions available. Pip's job is more or less to find those packages, download them, and install them to python's site-packages folder so python apps can find and use them.

Here are steps to manually download the newest versions and install them. It's not hard or complicated.

1: Locate your python installation folder and in it go to "Lib\site-packages\"(mine is "C:\Python35\Lib\site-packages"). If you've already run the MEK_Installer and it completed you should see at least these 4 folders in there: binilla, mozzarilla, reclaimer, supyr_struct.

2: Delete those 4 folders and any folders that look like them, but with a bunch of other crap on the end(like binilla-2017.4.17.dist-info)

3: Download the most up to date versions of each of those 4 from my Bitbucket repositories:
Binilla: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/binilla/downloads/
Mozzarilla: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/mozzarilla/downloads/
Reclaimer: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/reclaimer/downloads/
Supyr Struct: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/supyr_struct/downloads/

4: Unzip them to the site-packages folder and make sure to rename them to binilla, mozzarilla, reclaimer, and supyr_struct.

This should fix the problem, and should make it so you can update just fine from now on. Alternatively, I think I might've just fixed the issue, so you're welcome to try the running the update function of the installer with "force reinstall" again.

Thanks so you so much but just one more problem. i have extracted tags from spv3 pillar of autumn map but it doesnt load on sapien i have the original halo ce tags btw. sapien just says that it couldnt load

Sod

Posted: Aug 4, 2017 12:14 AM    Msg. 40 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: GirtheDoge

Thanks so you so much but just one more problem. i have extracted tags from spv3 pillar of autumn map but it doesnt load on sapien i have the original halo ce tags btw. sapien just says that it couldnt load

I believe Refinery is having issues extracting .yelo maps, something to do with animations if I recall correctly.

GirtheDoge

Posted: Aug 4, 2017 12:24 AM    Msg. 41 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sod

I believe Refinery is having issues extracting .yelo maps, something to do with animations if I recall correctly.

Wierd I've seen your spv3 covenant vs halo ce covenant vid on youtube. how did you manage to get spv3 tags? or did you use tsc:evolved tagset. the tsc:evolved tagset never works for me. In fact any OS tagset never works. sapien wont load any of them. and when it does load them and i test the map in halo ce, it crashes. also ive read the instructions about where to put tsc tags. ive also extracted every original singleplayer map from halo
Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 4, 2017 at 12:28 AM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 4, 2017 06:23 AM    Msg. 42 of 50       

Quote: --- Original message by: Sod

Wierd I've seen your spv3 covenant vs halo ce covenant vid on youtube. how did you manage to get spv3 tags? or did you use tsc:evolved tagset. the tsc:evolved tagset never works for me. In fact any OS tagset never works. sapien wont load any of them. and when it does load them and i test the map in halo ce, it crashes. also ive read the instructions about where to put tsc tags. ive also extracted every original singleplayer map from halo
Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 4, 2017 at 12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure that OS uses a special version of sapien

GirtheDoge

Posted: Aug 4, 2017 02:23 PM    Msg. 43 of 50       
what special version of sapien? Is it private or public? If public can you provide me a link to it?

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Aug 4, 2017 05:10 PM    Msg. 44 of 50       
Install OS4 again but now with OS_sapien and OS_Guerrilla

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 06:53 AM    Msg. 45 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

This ^

GirtheDoge

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 02:31 PM    Msg. 46 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

This ^

Thanks but this might be a stupid question. I cant find OS sapien or guerilla anywhere on google. i can only find a OS plugin for HEKplus. can you give me a link. How do you get them
Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 5, 2017 at 02:36 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 05:07 PM    Msg. 47 of 50       
when you install open sauce, it gives you the option for the OS_HEK.

DeadHamster

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 05:16 PM    Msg. 48 of 50       
CMT's BSP and Scenario tags will also required their CMT hacked version of OS_Sapien in order to open. You should be able to add their weapon tags without it.

Even with CMT's hacked HEK set, it still crashes from corrupted tags fairly often. The game engine can handle a lot of bad snips of code running that the editor can't control.
Edited by DeadHamster on Aug 5, 2017 at 05:16 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 06:33 PM    Msg. 49 of 50       
Yeah, OS extraction IS implemented into Refinery, but it's not 100% perfect. I'm not exactly sure where it's at, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say around 90% minimum. If you can get the original OS tags from somewhere, use those. Refinery should only be used to get OS tags as a last resort. Certain maps rip just fine(bigass is actually a yelo map in disguise and it recompiles), but others I've tried dont have the same luck.

Also, did I manage to fix the update feature of the MEK_Installer for you, or did you just download and manually install the packages?

GirtheDoge

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 07:59 PM    Msg. 50 of 50       
moe yeah you did i manually installed them. thanks for the help moe

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 16, 2017 9:54 PM 421 ms.
A Halo Maps Website