A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »What do you guys use to export maps and content nowadays?

Author Topic: What do you guys use to export maps and content nowadays? (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 08:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 19       
Hey friends, it's been quit some time.

I'm simply curious on how people export their maps and content from 3ds Max to HCE in today's wacky world.

Does 3ds Max 2014-17 even allow the use of Bluestreak?

Has anyone improved on Bluestreak?

Do people still use older 3ds Max versions to properly utilize Blitzkrieg?

What is the main tool used now for exporting content, given YELO/OpenSauce allow more detailed content?

Thanks for any information!

Special Note to Dennis: I tried using Search and did not find anything too relevant. I hope this request thread is allowed! Sorry if I'm breaking a rule here.

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 08:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 19       
I remember seeing you around here when I joined CE modding. Welcome back, we've lost quite a few people but the modding quality has gone way up!

At this point most people use whatever max version they are comfortable with. I just upgraded to max 2018 and it works fine for CE (at least for me).

here area few scripts I have gathered/edited from others throughout the years that I use for exporting various things.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rw2gbvagws04dl2/max_scripts.rar

Opensauce comes with an option to download an opensauce version of the editing kit. Importing files isn't very different.

Here is the Wiki for opensauce
https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/wiki/Halo1/Doc_Halo1_Home

Hope you stay so we look like we aren't dying as a modding community.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 09:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
I remember seeing you around here when I joined CE modding. Welcome back, we've lost quite a few people but the modding quality has gone way up!

At this point most people use whatever max version they are comfortable with. I just upgraded to max 2018 and it works fine for CE (at least for me).

here area few scripts I have gathered/edited from others throughout the years that I use for exporting various things.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rw2gbvagws04dl2/max_scripts.rar

Opensauce comes with an option to download an opensauce version of the editing kit. Importing files isn't very different.

Here is the Wiki for opensauce
https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/wiki/Halo1/Doc_Halo1_Home

Hope you stay so we look like we aren't dying as a modding community.

Thanks for the warm return! I'm simply scoping out the possibilities at this point, no guarantees, but I have a lot of ideas I was never able to complete and it all goes towards a portfolio I'm working on after all. I did lose all of my files a few years ago, though, via hard drive failure.

I'm probably going to have to switch to Blender, though, due to my internet download speed being really bad (DSL bad, friends) and not having the time/patience to download multiple days for 5-10 GB. My 2014 version's Student Trial has dried up, and I'm kind of itching to learn some new software. My last experiences with 3ds Max were very sour when I was trying to craft a very bad level execution.

Anything I need to know particularly about the scripts?

How difficult is it to use OpenSauce and become accustomed to it?

Thanks again!

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 01:15 AM    Msg. 4 of 19       
Unsurprisingly, still just the ordinary jms exporters that have never stopped working xD

I personally use the Bobbysoon jms exporter 104e

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 01:28 AM    Msg. 5 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Hey friends, it's been quit some time.

I'm simply curious on how people export their maps and content from 3ds Max to HCE in today's wacky world.

Does 3ds Max 2014-17 even allow the use of Bluestreak?

Has anyone improved on Bluestreak?

Do people still use older 3ds Max versions to properly utilize Blitzkrieg?

What is the main tool used now for exporting content, given YELO/OpenSauce allow more detailed content?

Thanks for any information!

Special Note to Dennis: I tried using Search and did not find anything too relevant. I hope this request thread is allowed! Sorry if I'm breaking a rule here.

I prefer to stay with Max 8 for Halo stuff.. but after swtiching PC's so many times I lost my key.

I am now using Max 2014 and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using Bluestreak, however there seems to be some problems with the way BSPs turn out here and there. Models work fine.

If there is a better exporter I would like to know as well.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 7, 2017 at 01:28 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 01:42 AM    Msg. 6 of 19       
I use junglegym for level geometry. It doesn't support stacks but exports at a fraction of the speed of Bluestreak and is built into 3DS max's export window like Blitzkrieg.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 07:02 AM    Msg. 7 of 19       
3dsmax8

PRPatxi

Dennis ban me, please,

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 09:21 AM    Msg. 8 of 19       
3dsMax 2011, LightWave, Houdini, Rhinoceros or Blender.

Lately I normally use Belnder as I'm mostly on Linux.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 02:53 PM    Msg. 9 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I prefer to stay with Max 8 for Halo stuff.. but after swtiching PC's so many times I lost my key.

I am now using Max 2014 and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using Bluestreak, however there seems to be some problems with the way BSPs turn out here and there. Models work fine.

If there is a better exporter I would like to know as well.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 7, 2017 at 01:28 AM

I'm in a similar spot, lost my key as well when my harddrive failed years ago. Props to Duce Primo for being able to hold onto his for so long.

I like 3ds Max, but 2014 rubbed me the wrong way with some glitches.

MatthewDratt

Support Higuy https://t.co/9mIC7v3J5j

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 02:54 PM    Msg. 10 of 19       
You don't export anything. You realize "Wow Im still working in a 16 year old game engine" and then quit Halo and do something else with your life.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 03:07 PM    Msg. 11 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I use junglegym for level geometry. It doesn't support stacks but exports at a fraction of the speed of Bluestreak and is built into 3DS max's export window like Blitzkrieg.

^

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 03:25 PM    Msg. 12 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

How difficult is it to use OpenSauce and become accustomed to it?

Thanks again!

Open sauce's extensions are best in campaign maps. You can use it in multiplayer but most people use other multiplayer extensions that are incompatible with OS. Also its kind of a hassle for people to install OS just to play the 1 or 2 MP maps out there that use OS.

OS does provide the option of compiling a map with just the graphical upgrades and the ability for other players without OS to play on the same map/server with the upgrades disabled on their end.

OS's modding kit is just a modified version of the regular one. Not hard to learn at all!

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You don't export anything. You realize "Wow Im still working in a 16 year old game engine" and then quit Halo and do something else with your life.

This is also the best solution to modding halo.
Edited by Spiral on Jun 7, 2017 at 03:25 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 12:39 AM    Msg. 13 of 19       

I've seen that name a few times but could never find a download for it. I'd like to give it a shot.

XxPopeAK49xX

It's better being a jerk.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 01:14 AM    Msg. 14 of 19       
I use my computer to export maps.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 01:45 AM    Msg. 15 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
I use my computer to export maps.

WHAT?! H0W?!

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 04:42 AM    Msg. 16 of 19       

Just finish takedown first K?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 09:40 PM    Msg. 17 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

I've seen that name a few times but could never find a download for it. I'd like to give it a shot.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/az5tindvqdfxrj4/junglegym.zip

Edited by Super Flanker on Jun 8, 2017 at 09:50 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 10:27 PM    Msg. 18 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

one day

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 07:16 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

one day

We're there for you ;)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 20, 2017 1:20 PM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website