A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I have returned

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: I have returned (73 messages, Page 2 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

assassinchief

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 04:11 AM    Msg. 36 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

Assassinchief106, I never missed you.

http://i.imgur.com/4NL1RSN.png

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief
Why hasn't the firefight scene gone anywhere? I just searched for firefights on the reg site and the 1st page of results is the exact same it's been since '10.

Because solo firefights suck

That must be the reason.

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
I remember you, along with many others. I miss those days, well the organization and "get it done!" attitude many of us had.

Want to work on a project then? ;)
I guess that was an attitude we "had".
Edited by Pepzee on Jun 25, 2017 at 12:00 AM

Oh wow, I said all that? Sorry about all that, man, wish I never did.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 11:20 AM    Msg. 37 of 73       

I remember you, along with many others. I miss those days, well the organization and "get it done!" attitude many of us had.

Want to work on a project then? ;)
I guess that was an attitude we "had".
Edited by Pepzee on Jun 25, 2017 at 12:00 AM

If I had my old setup (pre-harddrive crash), I'd jump aboard for sure. However, right now the amount of time I have is exceptionally limited and most of my skills are entirely degenerated. Truthfully, I'll probably put out one last map at some point, but using Blender over 3ds Max.

I really miss those days though. The only thing that really stopped any of us was time away from the keyboard. Well, and a bunch of squabbling, but that comes with any growing community.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jun 25, 2017 at 11:20 AM

ODX

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 12:53 PM    Msg. 38 of 73       
I still can't figure out who you are, and I used to troll far harder as an obnoxious kid back in the day. Funny seeing a few other oldies popping up in this thread.

Pepzee

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 02:25 PM    Msg. 39 of 73       
Does anybody wonder that these might still be the "good old days"? Many members posting here have been on Halomaps for roughly 10 years. Where do you think Halomaps will be in another 10 years? Unless Dennis runs this place until he is 74 years old in 2027, I do not think this place will be in existence.

We should enjoy our limited time here while we can, as one day we will all be talking about the good old days when "there was used to be a Halomaps."

Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief
Oh wow, I said all that? Sorry about all that, man, wish I never did.

It was 7 years ago and time heals all old wounds. I was 15 years old and didn't know how respond back then, reading my own posts make me cringe. It's fine.

If you're interested in firefight, there is Firefight Descent, released in 2012.

If I had my old setup (pre-harddrive crash), I'd jump aboard for sure.

I don't believe that. Practically everyone I have worked with (MoooseGuy, Gamma927, etc.) has faked a HD crash to have an excuse to not work on a map or release assets.

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I still can't figure out who you are, and I used to troll far harder as an obnoxious kid back in the day. Funny seeing a few other oldies popping up in this thread.

Gamma927 always held you in the highest regard.
Edited by Pepzee on Jun 25, 2017 at 02:41 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 02:56 PM    Msg. 40 of 73       

Hey, I remember you too :)

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 04:56 PM    Msg. 41 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Hmm, what about UnevenElefant? I used to see them a lot a few years back.

Last I heard she was transgender but whatever happened after didn't seem to be good.

https://i.imgur.com/Y9x3xcL.png

Hello! Thank you for this! Wow. was this seriously posted only 4 days ago? Talk about coincidence. You are correct, I am a transgender woman. I go by Danielle. I'm still alive, though I had some rough times for a really long while. But I'm better now. I go by a different online handle nowadays and am actually doing alright! Been on HRT and living openly for about 7 months now (after many awful years in the closet) and got the court to issue an order for my new name too. I stumbled on this while I was lurking today and had to log back in to say something. Appreciate u makin' a point to set the record straight with regards to my gender :) and I'm floored that people still even remember my old name. I was 14 when I joined this site and I'm 23 now. So much can change in 9 years, damn. Any other queer halomaps vets, send me a PM if you're still around

Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jun 25, 2017 at 05:20 PM
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jun 25, 2017 at 05:37 PM
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jun 25, 2017 at 07:12 PM

not giraffe

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 08:00 PM    Msg. 42 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Last I heard she was transgender but whatever happened after didn't seem to be good.

Hello! Thank you for this! Wow. was this seriously posted only 4 days ago? Talk about coincidence. You are correct, I am a transgender woman. I go by Danielle. I'm still alive, though I had some rough times for a really long while. But I'm better now. I go by a different online handle nowadays and am actually doing alright! Been on HRT and living openly for about 7 months now (after many awful years in the closet) and got the court to issue an order for my new name too. I stumbled on this while I was lurking today and had to log back in to say something. Appreciate u makin' a point to set the record straight with regards to my gender :) and I'm floored that people still even remember my old name. I was 14 when I joined this site and I'm 23 now. So much can change in 9 years, damn. Any other queer halomaps vets, send me a PM if you're still around

Did you remove everyone from Steam friend list or just me?

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 08:52 PM    Msg. 43 of 73       
I cut ties with everyone. Gamma, Mythril, Jesse, MoooseGuy, Advancebo, Lone Warrior, Higuy, Lodex. Sorry, it wasn't personal, but it was the wrong way to do it. I wasn't in a position where I knew how to do it right, because I was so FUBAR so I just unfriended everyone and dropped out. I needed time and privacy while I figured things out. Gamma hit me up on Steam as recently as a few months ago but I didn't know how to respond. It had been so long and I'd changed so much.

I'd had one foot out the door in this community since 2013-2014 and once I realized who I was there just wasn't much tying me here. Do you have any other handles that you go by or used to go by? "not giraffe" isn't ringing any bells. But then again, I haven't kept up on this community for the past 3 years or so.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jun 25, 2017 at 09:01 PM

not giraffe

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 09:10 PM    Msg. 44 of 73       

I cut ties with everyone. Gamma, Mythril, Jesse, MoooseGuy, Advancebo, Lone Warrior, Higuy, Lodex. Sorry, it wasn't personal, but it was the wrong way to do it.

I try not to take things personally, I was just curious.

Do you have any other handles that you go by or used to go by? "not giraffe" isn't ringing any bells. But then again, I haven't kept up on this community for the past 3 years or so.

People used to call me l28.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 09:16 PM    Msg. 45 of 73       
Oh yeah! I definitely remember you, I'm pretty sure you were there for some of either the insurrection of uneven map pack betas. I know you helped me with rigging at least once or twice too.

ODX

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 09:31 PM    Msg. 46 of 73       

Ah, it's good to see you around! I'm glad to hear you are doing well and hope the world has not been too cruel to you the past few years during your transition. I certainly remember talking with you a great deal along with Gamma and Jesse, good times.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 09:49 PM    Msg. 47 of 73       
Ahh! Same here, lots of fun chats and late night games. Honestly, I can't sugarcoat it, it was pretty hellish at times, and it'll never be "over", but hey. Still here, finally wanna be alive. Finally know who I am. Feels rad.

Nice to see there's still a bunch of oldies kickin' around here still.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jun 25, 2017 at 09:50 PM

assassinchief

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 01:30 AM    Msg. 48 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

I cut ties with everyone. Gamma, Mythril, Jesse, MoooseGuy, Advancebo, Lone Warrior, Higuy, Lodex. Sorry, it wasn't personal, but it was the wrong way to do it.

I try not to take things personally, I was just curious.

Do you have any other handles that you go by or used to go by? "not giraffe" isn't ringing any bells. But then again, I haven't kept up on this community for the past 3 years or so.

People used to call me l28.

or Jose.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 01:53 AM    Msg. 49 of 73       

If I had my old setup (pre-harddrive crash), I'd jump aboard for sure.

I don't believe that. Practically everyone I have worked with (MoooseGuy, Gamma927, etc.) has faked a HD crash to have an excuse to not work on a map or release assets.

I mean, think what you will, but I jostled my laptop due to gamer rage and critically damaged the harddrive. I lost a lot of setup and tags, so it would take weeks to find everything I had once before. That doesn't even mention how I lack 3ds Max 7 and I don't have the time/patience to download a newer version. 10 GB will take around a day for my prehistoric internet.

After I did that, I cleaned up my attitude and studied in Japan for 4 months. I graduated college a year later. As much as I'd love to mod habitually again, I just don't have the time for relearning a lot of this stuff, especially given I have other projects that take priority (on top of a job to pay bills).

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 03:59 AM    Msg. 50 of 73       
when "there was used to be a Halomaps."

This is going to be the saddest sentence I read all week

ODX

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 07:21 AM    Msg. 51 of 73       
I wouldn't wholly say we're "kickin' around", moreso lurking in the shadows for months at a time before revealing ourselves for select posts.

Doesn't seem like it's been so long, but apparently in a month it will be my 10 year forum registration anniversary, so I suppose it has been quite long indeed.

lolslayer

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 07:44 AM    Msg. 52 of 73       
I wouldn't wholly say we're "kickin' around", moreso lurking in the shadows for months at a time before revealing ourselves for select posts.

Doesn't seem like it's been so long, but apparently in a month it will be my 10 year forum registration anniversary, so I suppose it has been quite long indeed.

We'll give you an anniversary ;P

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 01:35 PM    Msg. 53 of 73       
whomst'd've is this

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 01:58 PM    Msg. 54 of 73       
Definitely doesn't feel as long as it has been. I didn't post or do much anyway, except for that one long tutorial post I did.

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 03:16 AM    Msg. 55 of 73       
It's already been 5 years since Firefight Decent?

(Gave my 2009 or '10 account to a Altheros to have fun with)

Holy sh|t I've released 1 "real" map in 8 years?!
Edited by Hobbet360 on Jun 27, 2017 at 03:16 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 08:52 AM    Msg. 56 of 73       
B A N

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 12:18 PM    Msg. 57 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hobbet360

It's already been 5 years since Firefight Decent?

(Gave my 2009 or '10 account to a Altheros to have fun with)

Holy sh|t I've released 1 "real" map in 8 years?!
Edited by Hobbet360 on Jun 27, 2017 at 03:16 AM

I technically haven't released a map in nearly 10 years. So I feel you there.

AllySuzumiya

"Kotae wa itsumo watashi no mune ni.."

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 06:25 PM    Msg. 58 of 73       
reunion ohh my goshhh!! ^^
i missed all of youu <333 (PLEASE GIVE ME SIERRA 117. NOW.)

Tuaha

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 03:07 AM    Msg. 59 of 73       
Boy you've changed a bit

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 11:09 AM    Msg. 60 of 73       
It's so nice to see everyone here be so friendly for a change, makes me feel all cuddly :D

assassinchief

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 02:46 PM    Msg. 61 of 73       
Ye, makes me glad I made this thread, I was pretty hesitant. Some members took me a while to remember.

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 03:32 PM    Msg. 62 of 73       
I still hate you all

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 04:32 PM    Msg. 63 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I still hate you all

don't worry we all do

Corvette19

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 08:37 AM    Msg. 64 of 73       
I have pretty much lurked since 2006 & I still remember pretty much everyone & everything. It's cool seeing some of you popping in and out over the years.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 05:27 PM    Msg. 65 of 73       
i just want waffles back. hasn't logged into steam in like 80 days

rip

lolslayer

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 07:00 PM    Msg. 66 of 73       
There were more lurkers than I ever expected O.o

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 11:41 PM    Msg. 67 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
Once you enter halomaps you can't actually leave.

Wow. It's true you know. I've tried to leave many times. The exit door is actually just a badly painted picture on a brick wall.
Edited by Jobalisk on Jul 7, 2017 at 11:42 PM

Imouto

Waffles B&

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 04:49 PM    Msg. 68 of 73       
who

lolslayer

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 07:33 PM    Msg. 69 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Imouto
who

:)

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 08:20 PM    Msg. 70 of 73       
haha yes remember good ol days when we did the stuff and the one time when the thing happened mmm good times

to think that i was 10 years younger just a decade ago. how time flies

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 23, 2017 11:04 PM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website