A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Question about objects

Author Topic: Question about objects (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Temptii

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 03:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I'm kind of new to this. Is it possible to set a property (as opposed to an effect) to have a model spawn inside of another model at a marker?

For example, let's say I have a gun rack as a scenery object, and I want to spawn a scenery object of a gun at a particular marker in the rack. Is this possible without effects or scripts?

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 04:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Hey man, you didn't post for a while lately

Tucker933

Tucker933.com

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 07:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
You'd want to place it with sapien. It'd be as simple as dragging it to where you want, and adjusting rotation.
Edited by Tucker933 on Jun 23, 2017 at 01:44 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 12:26 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
In the 3D model or gbxmodel add a marker at the position. Spawn an object, and then use the script objects_attach

Your gunrack must be a named scenery object, and the weapon must also be a named object. This is not practical for spawning multiple of the same object, but once a weapon is picked up you can spawn another

You can connect one object to another using the marker name. Google for the BLAM script bible for a better explanation of the syntax you'll need for the scripts.

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 12:29 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Temptii
I'm kind of new to this. Is it possible to set a property (as opposed to an effect) to have a model spawn inside of another model at a marker?

For example, let's say I have a gun rack as a scenery object, and I want to spawn a scenery object of a gun at a particular marker in the rack. Is this possible without effects or scripts?

pretty much right click to place the gun scenery and make small adjustments to the coordinates till its where you want it to be. if you want to place actual weapons like that you just need to do the same thing but check a flag so it doesnt fall, cant remember what its called though since i havent used sapien in forever lol. i think it was object already at rest or something.
Edited by killzone64 on Jun 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 12:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
If you turn off gravity in sapien you can move the weapon with the global XYZ arrows on the object

sparky

sparky#0096

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 02:09 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
If it's multiplayer, you will notice that scenery does not synchronize over the network, so you would need to trigger it with something relevant to that which does synchronize, such as a player's location or a script or effect that triggers based upon a player's location.

Item Collections can be used to spawn objects. Read some of this to see what kinds of objects there are:

https://halo.galaxyverge.com/
Quote: 13 tag classes have obje (object) abstract super-classes. They are listed here according to their internal indices:
-1 / obje / .object / Object
0 / bipd / .biped / Biped
1 / vehi / .vehicle / Vehicle
2 / weap / .weapon / Weapon
3 / eqip / .equipment / Equipment
4 / garb / .garbage / Garbage
5 / proj / .projectile / Projectile
6 / scen / .scenery / Scenery
7 / mach / .device_machine / Machine
8 / ctrl / .device_control / Control Panel
9 / lifi / .device_light_fixture / Light Fixture
10 / plac / .placeholder / Object Placeholder
11 / ssce / .sound_scenery / Sound-Emitting Scenery

Edited by sparky on Jun 24, 2017 at 02:10 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 19, 2017 4:37 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website