A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Moses's Refined Campaign

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Moses's Refined Campaign (41 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 08:32 PM    Msg. 36 of 41       
That's the bug i was talking about. It's been fixed and uploaded to michelle's google drive for a few days. Matt needs to get around to updating the ce3 download with the one in the google drive. Anyone with that bug should just re-download from her google drive.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 09:28 PM    Msg. 37 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: Imouto

tfw i make a post yesterday about how waffles is dead 5good and he comes back today and posts

i-is weeaboo magic real

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 12:27 AM    Msg. 38 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
That's the bug i was talking about. It's been fixed and uploaded to michelle's google drive for a few days. Matt needs to get around to updating the ce3 download with the one in the google drive. Anyone with that bug should just re-download from her google drive.

I fixed it a like a day or two ago

a30v2 is showing 17 downloads and I didnt even get a10 on the site until post update
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jul 7, 2017 at 12:31 AM

Idaho

Mihi Libertas Necesse Est

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 04:48 PM    Msg. 39 of 41       
Nice to see some people are working on refining the campaign on custom edition...

As to that matter I have a question that's a bit off topic but as the guys who could answer are on this topic, I'll be asking it here :

How difficult do you guys think it'd be to add the multiplayer weapons to SP, like I was mainly thinking of adding the flamethrower in some flood levels and make the spec ops grunt drop their fuel rod guns instead of having it exploding.

Maybe some spec ops elites could have the bruteshot and drop it when they die (not very sure about that).

So basically I know nothing to halo modding (I have knowledge of scripting and coding basic stuff in C tho, if it is of any help) but I had this idea to add certain weapons at certain moments in the game and give them to certain enemies, what do I need to learn to do that and how hard would it be?

Edited by Idaho on Jul 18, 2017 at 04:53 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 07:20 PM    Msg. 40 of 41       

Most of this stuff just cannot be fixed, I tried everything i could think of--even doing shaders by hand.

http://i.imgur.com/FncgXHJ.gif

I ended up giving up a long time ago with the same stuff, just not worth the effort and too many walls hit. I still have my original xbox halo, and sat there going through everything side by side trying to "fix" everything and its just not possible unless you modify the ported engine, and i just dont have the knowledge to do so. I love this game but also hate it.

few things i noted when doing my own work...

-hud rendering works differently from the xbox, on the pc when shield takes damage it drains the bar instantly, xbox the end of the shield meter would glow white when hit (possibly either the ui tag got changed or it has something to do with the breaking of some xbox bitmap formats)

-sniper ticks wont render blue properly and instead flash every color in the rainbow when aiming

There was so much i wanted to do with CE but the engine is limited and the port is just bad.
Edited by Imouto on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I private messaged Austin (the dude who was working on a fixed campaign) about your fixed shaders some time ago and still haven't gotten a response. I'd still love to see them in the campaign. I know you made this, drop ship tendrils and jackal shields iirc. I think the only one remaining is a fix for the a50 shuttlebay doors.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jul 18, 2017 at 07:20 PM

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 12:50 AM    Msg. 41 of 41       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Most of this stuff just cannot be fixed, I tried everything i could think of--even doing shaders by hand.

http://i.imgur.com/FncgXHJ.gif

I ended up giving up a long time ago with the same stuff, just not worth the effort and too many walls hit. I still have my original xbox halo, and sat there going through everything side by side trying to "fix" everything and its just not possible unless you modify the ported engine, and i just dont have the knowledge to do so. I love this game but also hate it.

few things i noted when doing my own work...

-hud rendering works differently from the xbox, on the pc when shield takes damage it drains the bar instantly, xbox the end of the shield meter would glow white when hit (possibly either the ui tag got changed or it has something to do with the breaking of some xbox bitmap formats)

-sniper ticks wont render blue properly and instead flash every color in the rainbow when aiming

There was so much i wanted to do with CE but the engine is limited and the port is just bad.
Edited by Imouto on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I private messaged Austin (the dude who was working on a fixed campaign) about your fixed shaders some time ago and still haven't gotten a response. I'd still love to see them in the campaign. I know you made this, drop ship tendrils and jackal shields iirc. I think the only one remaining is a fix for the a50 shuttlebay doors.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jul 18, 2017 at 07:20 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FncgXHJ.gif looks like this map effect from the teleported, skip around 00:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w79bnHXaemc ... if some one knows the map send me the links so I can rip it and fix it.

Some atmospheric effects could be fixed by enabling this.

Edited by Halonimator on Aug 7, 2017 at 03:31 PM

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 10:24 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website