A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »BUNGIE'S Texture Map Intended Uses: Halo 3 ODST

Author Topic: BUNGIE'S Texture Map Intended Uses: Halo 3 ODST (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Fellow Starstuff

You are the universe enjoying itself :)

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 01:37 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hey everyone. I've imported the ODST model from Halo 3 ODST into Blender, and I'm trying to fully implement all of bungie's image textures in my model, so that I can animate it for a mini machinima. My only problem is that I do not know what some of the texture maps are supposed to be used for.

What are the green and black "cc"-labeled texture maps supposed to be used for on Halo 3 ODST models? For example, a texture for the ODST helmet is named, "odst_helmet_cc". What is this supposed to be used for? Roughness? Specularity? Displacement? Clear coat?

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 05:24 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
cc = color change. Depending on what you're doing you might be fine skipping it.

Fellow Starstuff

You are the universe enjoying itself :)

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 10:43 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Thanks MEGA VKNG. Also, do you know what exactly the "odst_material" texture is supposed to be used for? It's a bright green texture on a white background. One user on an old Facepunch forum said that it's akin to a specularity map, is that correct?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 19, 2017 4:34 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website