A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I want to get the bitmaps for these two elites..

Author Topic: I want to get the bitmaps for these two elites.. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

hugh

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 07:15 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hey guys

I'm after getting some elite bitmaps from a couple of the original halo ce elites. I'm trying to get the bitmaps for the jet black armour/appearance of the spec ops elite and the bitmaps for the golden armour/appearance of the commander elite.

Anyone know where I can get them or how I can get them?

Cheers

DeadHamster

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 02:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
You can extract bitmaps using Texource for CE tags, or from a PC mapfile using Eschaton.

The bitmap you want is located in characters\elite\elite.bitmap

The elite bitmap is monochrome, a tag function overlays a color mask that changes their appearance ingame depending on their rank. This is done via the Actor Variant and Biped tags, in this case. You can duplicate this effect in Photoshop if you are exporting to another platform, simply add a colormask layer in Photoshop, adjust hue satuation and levels then resave the bitmap.

Imouto

Waffles B&

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 02:42 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Here you go.

https://www.mediafire.com/?yvec0g0vlx6x7zq

You can use Moses' bitmap optimizer/converter to get any texture from halo 1 PC/CE/Xbox bitmap tags(http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50247 Its part of the refinery upload)

The diffuse textures are recolored by the alpha channel in the multipurpose maps by shaders, and the cubemaps also contribute color to the overall look of the elites ingame.

solid color is multiplied over the alpha channel of the multipurpose map, the result of that is also multiplied over the diffuse. Cubemaps are basically static reflection textures, they are multiplied over the multipurpose maps' blue channel which basically controls how strong or bright the reflective cubemap is.

~dataelite special is the specops/commander bitmap set, while dataelite torso is for the normal elite variants.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
You can extract bitmaps using Texource for CE tags, or from a PC mapfile using Eschaton.

The bitmap you want is located in characters\elite\elite.bitmap

The elite bitmap is monochrome, a tag function overlays a color mask that changes their appearance ingame depending on their rank. This is done via the Actor Variant and Biped tags, in this case. You can duplicate this effect in Photoshop if you are exporting to another platform, simply add a colormask layer in Photoshop, adjust hue satuation and levels then resave the bitmap.

Wow i havent used eschaton since halo trial days yearrrrrrs ago.

Diffuse bitmaps are not monochrome, UI bitmaps are only even black and white because the xbox actually had a format for it originally which converted to mono.

For PS, use a solid color over the diffuse layer and use the multipurposes alpha as its mask, set the color layer to multiply.

PS the prefix "data" is something done by Moses' tool, idk if you can change it or not but its not like it matters--original texture names are without the data prefix (elite torso.dds)

Edited by Imouto on Jul 13, 2017 at 03:19 PM
Edited by Imouto on Jul 13, 2017 at 04:47 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 04:59 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Hmm, the data prefix is getting screwed up. It's supposed to be data\elite torso.dds
Guess my old bad coding habits are cropping up again. I'll fix that when I can. It's supposed to put all the extracted bitmaps in a "data" folder next to your tags folder using the same folder path as the tag. It does this by finding the name of the root tags directory in the tag's filepath and just replacing that with "data". I guess it's also replacing the "\" for some reason. *shrug*.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat September 23, 2017 2:16 PM 484 ms.
A Halo Maps Website