A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Why are Bungie fanboys madly in love with themselves?

Author Topic: Why are Bungie fanboys madly in love with themselves? (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Unethical Nightmare

Think first before acting

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 02:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
This goes for fanboys of anything and the worst offenders are Sony fanboys.

A common myth is that fanboys love companies but the truth is that fanboys just use the companies as the basis of their identities and extremely brittle egos. All the fanboys I've seen have posted the most arrogant crap in existence, and after reading that garbage it's become clear that fanboys don't love the companies. Fanboys love themselves, and only themselves.

But why is this? What have fanboys done for the world to justify acting like they're the only people that matter? Why do they think nobody else is important other than them?

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 03:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
but both 343 and bungie suck.

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 04:25 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
Both companys have their strong suits. I personally wasnt a massive fan of what 343 did with the series and i was a fan of bungie untill the streaming pile that was destiny came out. I still however think their artists did a damn fantastic job despite the games shortcomings. Idk maybe i am a little biased in thst sense considering i got to meet both marty and issiac hannaford at vgl a few years ago.
Edited by killzone64 on Jul 30, 2017 at 04:26 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 07:01 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
There are also people that admit their bias by fanboyism because of honesty, like me.

I am an xbox fanboy and sometimes a 343I fanboy too, but noticing and analysing the problem is the first step to get an unbiased opinion, which I try to get.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 01:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
The answer is in the name: "fanboy". There are fans and there are fan-boys but there aren't any fan-men. It is a matter of maturity and perspective.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 06:42 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The answer is in the name: "fanboy". There are fans and there are fan-boys but there aren't any fan-men. It is a matter of maturity and perspective.

Woah, amazing roast boyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 04:15 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

This is definitely one for the Dennis Greatest Quotes album I need to make.

MS14A

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 01:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
Doesn't help a majority of fans for a given series don't seem to bother to try and learn how their game actually works outside of "e-sports" garbage. Majority of older Halo title fans still don't understand why Bungie couldn't add DLC armor.

Even worse still are the people who sit with their thumbs up their bums wondering why company X won't bring game Y to platform Z even though they have 6 gorillion signatures on a e-petition.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 03:59 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
I just realized every single one of OPs posts are just about 343 and Bungie fanboys.

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 08:58 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
I just realized every single one of OPs posts are just about 343 and Bungie fanboys.

Maybe baiting posts like these are why people dislike you on here?

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 10:49 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
Yeah because making a legitimate point is bait lolk
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Aug 14, 2017 at 10:52 PM

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 11:06 AM    Msg. 12 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megatron
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

Maybe baiting posts like these are why people dislike you on here?
He's right tho you know?

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 01:20 AM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: The MasterHe's right tho you know?

Be that as it may, the intention behind the post was to trigger "Unethical Nightmare" and the said provocative post is also meant to derail this thread from its initial topic.
Edited by Megatron on Sep 1, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 01:42 AM    Msg. 14 of 14       
From my experience, Sony fan boys are the worst. If you just mention you use Microsoft machines you'll never hear the end of it. Hell saying I play Xbox on a thread shared with Sony gamers e.g. the Destiny version of Bungie.net you are guaranteed to get unwarranted heat.

I know clearly who the short fused, 'up themselves' fan boys are. Like to see what they have to say once Sony pulls their thumb out from their rear end and joins the rest of the gaming community in creating a multi-platform online universe...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 11:09 PM 625 ms.
A Halo Maps Website