A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Recorded Animation Problems

Author Topic: Recorded Animation Problems (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Stuffy Junk

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 05:24 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
EDIT: I found a solution to my problem.
Even though I was recording in 30 fps, I also had my settings at the highest resolution possible on my display(which unfortunately causes an inconsistent frame rate because I do not have the most powerful computer). The inconsistent 30 fps caused lag which messed up the recordings, making them inaccurate. So I toned down the resolution to 640 x 480. After that, the recordings I made came out accurate.

So recently, I've been using that recorded animation recorder, http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5939
to make a machinima. I rolled back to 1.09(it's not compatible with 1.10) and began recording my animations.
Now here's the problem. After injecting the animations into the scenario, compiling it, and running the recording, the recording is way off. Instead of walking 5m, the recording will walk 10m. Instead of running to cover, the recording will proceed to run past the cover I set up in Sapien and straight into the middle of the battlefield.

My point is that the recordings are very inaccurate and I'm not quite sure how to solve this. I recorded in 30 fps but that didn't seem to change anything as they still came out the same.
Anyway, hopefully somebody has a solution to this. Help would be much appreciated.
Edited by Stuffy Junk on Aug 7, 2017 at 01:05 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 06:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
you need to lock the game to 30 FPS, otherwise it records your inputs at 60 and tries playing them back each actual ingame tick.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 08:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Some one re-released this but for the 1.10 halo. where are the links?

My recommendation is to have 1.10 and make all the camera and biped animations in max8.

http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/680-cmts-the-silent-cartographer-evolved-media-month-the-month-is-now-over/page__st__40
Edited by Halonimator on Aug 6, 2017 at 08:27 PM

Stuffy Junk

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 01:11 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
I already had it locked at 30 fps, but I did find a solution however.
It turns out that, because I was recording at a high resolution, the frame rate was not a consistent 30 fps(the result of having an under powered pc). Because of this, the ingame ticks weren't accurate, hence the weird issue I was getting when I played back the recordings. So I lowered my resolution whenever I recorded and tada, they came out accurate.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 11:04 PM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website