A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Twinkling Star Effect

Author Topic: Twinkling Star Effect (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dabouss 15x

Who Needs Them?

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 06:07 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
I am making a custom sky tag for Project Warhawk (See Project Warhawk Alpha Update Topic for more on the project.) and I was wondering how do you make the stars in the sky twinkle? (As an example the stars in the dusk and timberland sky tags) Any advice is much appreciated!

DeadHamster

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 07:34 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x
I am making a custom sky tag for Project Warhawk (See Project Warhawk Alpha Update Topic for more on the project.) and I was wondering how do you make the stars in the sky twinkle? (As an example the stars in the dusk and timberland sky tags) Any advice is much appreciated!

Layers and texture translations.

Basically, The stars are on bottom and overtop is a black bitmap with a cloud texture in the alpha. This texture is then translated or rotated; when the alpha sections overlap the stars they go out for that moment before popping back in after the alpha passes.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 5:23 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website