A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Incursion

Author Topic: Halo: Incursion (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Archangel470

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 07:00 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
Hello, everyone. I'm here to discuss about a potential idea for a Halo story. Since I don't own the Halo franchise, I can't make it as an official product. However, I'm confident that it might live as a modded campaign for Halo CE. I'll update this thread should I come up with new ideas for the project!

Story

Called 'Halo: Incursion', the campaign would be set in 2553, specifically 2-3 months after the events on the Ark in Halo 3. The Human-Covenant war may be over, but small bands of Covenant still exist, still hanging onto the belief that humanity's destruction is the will of their gods.

The story would resolve around Ben-D279, a surviving Spartan-III from the Human-Covenant war. At the time of Incursion, Ben is stationed on the UNSC colony of Talitsa. Following a surprise attack by a group of Covenant led by a Jiralhanae named Vartueus, Ben is dispatched to track down and eliminate Vartueus, before he could start another conflict with Earth and her colonies.

Characters

Ben-D279

A surviving Spartan-III from the Human Covenant war, part of Delta Company. In October of 2552, Ben was sent along with a squad of Spartan IIIs to retrieve vital intel that was stolen by the Covenant. Although the intel was secured the squad was wiped out, with Ben returning as the only survivor. In a critical condition, his life was saved by going through procedures. After recovering, his original Spartan-III armor was too badly damaged to be used again. And so, Ben was upgraded to the MJOLNIR Mark VI armor that was utilised by the Master Chief in the final months of the war. To help differentiate himself from the Spartan-IIs, he was given the standard helmet that would be provided to all recruits of the impending Spartan-IV program, as well as giving his armor a custom paint job.

Ben considers himself to be one of 'the lucky ones'. While nowhere near as strong as the Chief, a Spartan-II, Ben has come back from every single one of his missions alive.

Vartueus

Not much is known about this Jiralhanae, other than the fact that he hates humanity with a passion. He would love nothing more than to see the Covenant re-united and attempt hard retaliation at the UNSC for the deaths of the prophets Regret, Mercy and Truth.

Locations

At the time, I currently have two locations in mind: Talista and Installation 02. Might add another location or two, but I don't know yet.

This is an ambitious idea of mine that I would love to see come to fruition in one form or another. As such, any feedback would be appreciated. I currently have nothing to show yet, as I have no experience in modding, but if this does become a thing, I'll hope to get something out A.S.A.P.

If you have any questions, fire them my way, too!

Concept shot, I guess, made in Source Filmmaker by user BossVeteran.

Edited by Archangel470 on Aug 13, 2017 at 07:06 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 03:34 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
The pictures are very cool, digging the Clone Trooper-style stripes.

However, there have been a great many "singleplayer campaign idea" threads over the years. Most of them never really went anywhere. Because of this, the majority of the Halomaps community tends to view such threads with a degree of cynicism: An idea is good, but tangible progress is even better.

Archangel470

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 03:49 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       
I will strive to get this idea to fruition as much as I can. Campaigns like Takedown and Lumoria further drive my interest to see this get made.

However, I currently lack the modding skills that some talented people here already have. Rest assured, I will see this done.

Elote

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 04:38 AM    Msg. 4 of 13       
how much u paying

Archangel470

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 06:01 AM    Msg. 5 of 13       
To show that I'm serious about this, unlike the many ideas I had in the past, I'm gonna try and make a biped for Ben. I have the model, but have no clue on how to rig it as a biped for Halo CE.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 02:07 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
wanna know what keeps me going with operation purgepoint? watching stuff on my second screen and seeings awesome results. i already have most of the story planned out

Archangel470

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 02:02 PM    Msg. 7 of 13       
Haven't really gotten far with the story yet, only with the locations and names of the protagonist/antagonist.

Might have to watch some stuff to get some ideas.

That being said, I'd like to try and get the biped done first, then test it in game.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 07:37 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
doomed

Pepzee

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 12:54 AM    Msg. 9 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Archangel470
I currently have nothing to show yet, as I have no experience in modding, but if this does become a thing, I'll hope to get something out A.S.A.P.

It's good to see that you are trying. I hope that you are able to get something made. You have my support, if that helps.

It might be a good idea to make a plan of what you are doing. What is the first thing you need to complete for this to be successful? This is an area that I have failed at many times...

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 07:06 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
I was browsing instagram and found this wonderful instagram account.
This was one of the posts

Archangel470

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 09:31 AM    Msg. 11 of 13       
I made that for someone's birthday. XD

OrangeJuice

discord was killing the forums anyways

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 09:55 AM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Heeeeey

What have you done so far?

Archangel470

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 10:29 AM    Msg. 13 of 13       
I honestly haven't done a single thing.

I want to see this come to life in some way, but I've no modding experience. I'm also lacking energy at this moment in time.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 7:15 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website