A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »No Custom Maps With OpenSauce

Author Topic: No Custom Maps With OpenSauce (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

antarctico

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 03:57 AM    Msg. 1 of 9       
With OpenSauce installed over my Halo CE v1.0.10 none of my custom maps appear in my map list when trying to start a new multiplayer game, only the original Bungie maps appear. Also, if I try to join a game in progress that is running a custom map, I get a message along the lines of "Can't connect to server...". If I uninstall OpenSauce, all my downloaded custom maps are available in my map list and I can join custom map games in progress. Any ideas as to what my malfunction is?

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 02:24 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
OS itself is a bit strange with multiplayer, if I were you I would just disable OS when playing MP and enable it again for OS SP missions

antarctico

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 02:58 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
I use OS for the expanded FOV and the better visuals. I know I can change the FOV with HAC, but you lose all the extra shader action, and I am not sure I can adjust the first person weapons positioning to compensate for the increased FOV. So, if possible, I would like to get OS to recognize my custom multiplayer maps.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 09:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Welp, if somebody knows how to fix it, Michelle/002 do. But I'm not sure if they'll see the topic quite quickly so you can PM them if you want help.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 04:15 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
your best option would be to reinstall the game from scratch with open sauce, copy all your maps over, then set the application to run as administrator and start the game. Note that if the game is running and you copy maps into the map folder they wont appear until you restart.

Nertez

Zetren b&

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 12:01 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
OS hasn't worked properly online for years, don't bother with it. HAC2 + Chimera is the way to go. I understand why you might want OS's better graphics, but bloom postprocessing is cheap and easy these days and you'll probably get even better results with reshade.me or whatever is hip nowadays.

99 percent of Halo servers use SAPP, (if you don't know, it's server management software.) SAPP is built to use HAC2, and without it things such as multi-team vehicle usage will break plus some warp/lag codes will no longer work iirc meaning you won't have as smooth a time as a HAC2 user. The story is the same with Chimera, however due to it being so new, only a handful of servers have so far integrated its anti-warp features.

OS doesn't do anything to shaders if it's not an OS map, it can only eve add AA, motion blur and bloom. Reshade me will give you better AA/bloom and you dont want motion blur online anyway.
Edited by Nertez on Aug 22, 2017 at 12:02 AM

antarctico

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 08:51 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
SAPP is built to use HAC2, and without it things such as multi-team vehicle usage will break plus some warp/lag codes will no longer work iirc meaning you won't have as smooth a time as a HAC2 user.

I know about SAPP, but I didn't realize its performance had any dependency on HAC2. Chimera, I have not heard about this one before. So, assuming I want to play single-player OS/Yelo maps, and use HAC2 for online play, is there a way to toggle between OS and HAC2, or do I need to uninstall OS?

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 07:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: antarctico
With OpenSauce installed over my Halo CE v1.0.10 none of my custom maps appear in my map list when trying to start a new multiplayer game, only the original Bungie maps appear. Also, if I try to join a game in progress that is running a custom map, I get a message along the lines of "Can't connect to server...". If I uninstall OpenSauce, all my downloaded custom maps are available in my map list and I can join custom map games in progress. Any ideas as to what my malfunction is?
you may need to reinstall OSv4
because I see loads of custom servers with os installed.
and you can join them well most of them

or do you mean your list of mp maps has gone?
Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 31, 2017 at 07:55 AM

YottaBiter

Circle of Jerks

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 03:08 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: antarctico
is there a way to toggle between OS and HAC2, or do I need to uninstall OS?

You don't need to uninstall OS. Just moving out dinput8.dll from your root game directory and keeping loader.dll in your \controls folder would disable OS/enable HAC2 and vice versa.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 2:40 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website