A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Extracting 3D-files from game

Author Topic: Extracting 3D-files from game (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

PotatoPilot

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 11:43 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone with more experience than me knows if it would be possible to extract the Pillar of Autumn door 3D models from halo CE (I'm talking about the blast door and the other door models from the Autumn's interior), and if it would be possible to edit them in a program such as blender?

I came to think about this as it would be cool to import to a mod in the game Space Engineers.

Thanks a lot,

PotatoPilot

Edited by PotatoPilot on Aug 25, 2017 at 01:47 PM

Alex

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 01:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Hello PotatoPilot

In order to acquire the doors you want the easiest way you need to download this GBX model importer: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6713

You also must have 3dsmax installed: https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/3ds-max/overview

Extract the archive you downloaded (7-zip) and place it into you scripts folder in the 3dsmax root directory. (don't have to do this but keeps things tidy)

Open up 3dsmax then go to scripting - run script. load up the model importer. Select load GBX model, go to levels - a10 - devices - doors - blast doors then select the GBX model. Select import GBX model.

To get it into blender just export it as an FBX then import in Blender. Hope this helps!

- Alex

PotatoPilot

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 02:10 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Damn, that's much more help than I could've asked for! I'll give it a try, thanks a lot :)

Edit: Yet another question from me..

The "go to levels" part, can't seem to find it. I've tried using HMT V.3, but that does not give me the 3D files in a GBX format. What program should I use to crack open the .MAP files?

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 07:24 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
He was implying you had halo editing kit (hek) installed, that contains uncompiled source files. Hmmm basically you need to install the hek, rip tags from map files with an extractor and locate lock doors files, then import with the tags.

Or maybe you can grab the gbxmodel with a realtime tag editor, avoiding installing the hek.

Or directly ask people on discord channels, because that's a 2 minutes job.

Sorry not to be more helpful but I didn't use halo s dk for a while

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 11:12 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Pretty much, download gearbox model importer, install Halo custom edition if you haven't already, install HEK afterwards, extract the model you want. HMT is pretty useless these days, its out dated and unnecessary, HEK is much better.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 7:06 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website