A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Scripts, I hate them. They are horrible. And they hate my scenarios!!!

Author Topic: Scripts, I hate them. They are horrible. And they hate my scenarios!!! (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 10:53 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
So I'm sure I've annoyed everyone by now asking various questions about map design HOWEVER there is one laaaaaaaaaaaaast topic or issue I want to cover without having to revive 5yr old threads. Let's begin...

Why the heck when I compile a script in sapien and go into Halo, the mission plops you on the spawn and that's it? The issues:

1. Hitting compile script, having no scripts on an existing map breaks the map
2. Hitting compile script, having a modified b30 script in the correct folder breaks the map
3. Extracting and recompiling a script with no changes breaks the map
4. Zteams scripts also break the maps

Am I doing something wrong here? It seems once I alter, use an existing or create an entirely new script seems to break the campaign maps.

I wanted to alter b30 for example and spawn the things that were disabled but regardless of my methods I always seem to get the same result, spawn on the beach with the mission being broken. Ideas??

Also, it seems that if I delete or add a new trigger in sapien, it also breaks the map...

Am I cursed?

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 06:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 09:41 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Ok, so I made some progress! Now I think the scripts are actually compiling!

How do I know? When I compile it in sapien errors pop up on the screen and tool cant compile the map, joy!

I always seem to make progress from nothing to errors. What's next? Hopefully success for once... So the error:

this is not a valid type.: bool global_dialog_on false)

....Uh what?

Edit: Oh my god... All this time I thought something was going wrong... It was human error! I had an extra folder somehow in my data folders... I put zteam's b30 script one folder back and BAM! The mission works properly!!!

This is the first time something has gone right for me... Goodness now I hope I can fix up my bsp modelling mess.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Aug 29, 2017 at 09:51 PM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 04:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
humans make mistakes

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 11:46 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Take my advice and never consider a career as a programmer then.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 05:11 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Already in an excellent one thanks.

So far I've done my scripts and I've not only replicated CMT's restorations but I've learned all the other functions.

So far I'm pleased to announce that the only mod issues I'm having is editing models and BSPs in 3DS. Otherwise, I can now do everything else.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 2:41 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website