A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Sapien- Show Encounter AI???

Author Topic: Sapien- Show Encounter AI??? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 10:07 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Guys, I've been watching a few videos lately and noticed when people are placing encounters in their maps, the AI seem to appear and walk around.

How come in my Sapien the AI do not show? All I get are the little ugly annoying to click coloured diamond things.

Is there a setting somewhere? It seems that in the videos, nobody presses anything to make encounters show, they just seem to show up when editing encounters. I'd love to know how to do this as it would save me from having to go in and out of Halo testing.

EmmanuelCD

Esteban se la come

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 09:56 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Guys, I've been watching a few videos lately and noticed when people are placing encounters in their maps, the AI seem to appear and walk around.

How come in my Sapien the AI do not show? All I get are the little ugly annoying to click coloured diamond things.

Is there a setting somewhere? It seems that in the videos, nobody presses anything to make encounters show, they just seem to show up when editing encounters. I'd love to know how to do this as it would save me from having to go in and out of Halo testing.

You could use the ~ key to open the console and place your encounter via comand using "ai_place 'Name of the encounter'", and remember to set the ai count in sapien

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 03:24 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
In addition to using ai_place, I believe that if AI respawn is on with the necessary settings that they will respawn in Sapien, though it's been a long time since I've used that feature.

DeadHamster

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 07:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
(run_game_scripts true)

Run that command in sapien. It'll begin running all your scripts inside the Sapien window as though it was the actual game itself. Any AI placing scripts or similar will run as long as their conditions are met.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 01:49 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
(run_game_scripts true)

Run that command in sapien. It'll begin running all your scripts inside the Sapien window as though it was the actual game itself. Any AI placing scripts or similar will run as long as their conditions are met.

that i didnt know about... wouldnt that cause problems if testing a bsp switch, or a players volume test?

DeadHamster

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 05:11 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell

that i didnt know about... wouldnt that cause problems if testing a bsp switch, or a players volume test?

I actually don't use the switch bsp command menu in sapien, I always use the command (bsp_switch). So no, it won't cause any issues. There are a few complex things that may cause sapien to crash, and there are commands that sapien won't run as it's not the legitimate game. But the majority of things work pretty flawlessly. I actually debug my spawning scripts this way, which use volume_test_objects and compare global variables with all sort of nestled if/then/else statements. You should be able to debug cinematics like this as well, which is huge.

So you shouldn't really run into any issues.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 7:15 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website