A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Playing with an Xbox One Controller.

Author Topic: Playing with an Xbox One Controller. (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

beachfrontnoob

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 10:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hi All,

I have recently just started with CE on the PC. I played on the original xbox, bought Master Cheif Collection and became frustrated with its lack of players on the server, thus here I now am. Anyway, I have been playing with the XB1 controller. I mapped the controller correctly, but it feels very off. I seem to "slide" left to right far too much, I am sure this is something that has came up before. Overall, it just does not feel the same. What can I do to fix this?

If someone can please point me in the right direction it would be truly appreciated.

Please refrain from "yelling" at me because this has been posted before. I poked around for awhile but couldn't find anything outside of a dropbox file that no longer exists.

Thanks!

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 01:14 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: beachfrontnoob
Hi All,

I have recently just started with CE on the PC. I played on the original xbox, bought Master Cheif Collection and became frustrated with its lack of players on the server, thus here I now am. Anyway, I have been playing with the XB1 controller. I mapped the controller correctly, but it feels very off. I seem to "slide" left to right far too much, I am sure this is something that has came up before. Overall, it just does not feel the same. What can I do to fix this?

If someone can please point me in the right direction it would be truly appreciated.

Please refrain from "yelling" at me because this has been posted before. I poked around for awhile but couldn't find anything outside of a dropbox file that no longer exists.

Thanks!

since this is an old game, it thinks of your controller stick movements as pressing a key on a keyboard. so 4 directions only for multiplayer (8 if you have chimera installed) weird since singleplayer is fine

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 01:19 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
install chimera, it might help: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-build-49/
Edited by Jobalisk on Sep 13, 2017 at 01:19 AM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 12:07 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Can you pause the game? It wont let me map the back or start (2 squares and 3 lines buttons). My one controller works fine but I always have to hit the escape key on my computer to access the pause menu...

KVOND

A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 06:02 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Install Chimera as Jobalisk said, it fixes deadzones and aim assist, however in regular servers you're locked to walk at 8 directions only and you walk at full speed all the time, this is uncomfortable, however special chimera servers are on the works, so you can move correctly on multiplayer (360 degree movement and different walking speeds).

You can't completely 100% navigate trough the menus and you definitely can't pause the game with a controller alone, you'll need to use a 3rd party app, like XPADDER to solve some functions.

Edited by KVOND on Sep 16, 2017 at 02:33 AM

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 07:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Go M&K.

Lateksi

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 03:27 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Yeah, you need Chimera. Type chimera into console to get all the commands you can use. If you want to map ESC to Start button, you have to use a program like Xpadder.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 7:15 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website