A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How do I get Spv3's Tags. Imma quit playing Halo CE if no one helps me

Author Topic: How do I get Spv3's Tags. Imma quit playing Halo CE if no one helps me (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

GirtheDoge

Been playin Halo since 07

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 09:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
I have been trying since April to make AI battles in Halo CE. Currently, the best AI Tags to mess around with are SPV3's tags. Everything about that mod is..... perfect. I absolutely love it.
Here's what I know about getting tags
-I know how to extract Tags from(HEK+(sucks though)) and yelo tags with Refinery(New to MEK)
-I know about dependencies issues but I dont know how to fix them
-I know how to use HEK and how to install OS_HEK
-I know how to use tool and OS_tool
Stuff I don't know
-I dont know where to put the .yelo scenario tag when extracting from Refinery
-When I try to extract SPV3's tags, 25% of the tags are fully extracted and the remaining 75 % isn't extracted
SPV3 has alot of dependecy issues when extracting(im talking about thousands of files) so I try to extract every SPV3 map and the same issue occurs
-I dont know how to fully load .yelo tags into Halo CE
-I dont know how to change the health of SPV3s enemies equivalant to legendary instead of easy(more effective and entertaining AI Battles)
OK can someone provide me the instructions for extracting SPV3's tags. I tried asking the developers but they ignore me. mosesofegypt if your reading,What do i do with the tags before extracting SPV3s tags,(I suggest you try to extract SPV3s tags yourself and look at the problem also I have a bunch of hishschool HW and I dont have time to figure out the issue myself) I'm pretty new to using Refinery and I don't how to deal with the tags.(i found Refinery out like 2 months ago but I had school stuff to deal with first) Im like "this" close to making AI battles with SPV3. I just got into Halo custom edition cause I heard that its really easy to make AI battles. If I can't make AI battles with SPV3 tags or CMT:TSC Tags (its acually the most recent SPV3 tags I want. CMT:TSC tags are just an alternative)then I am going to just quit playing Halo CE. ITs complete BS why SPV3 isnt sharing everyone their tags or at least telling everyone how to extract spv3s tags

Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 20, 2017 at 09:36 PM

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 09:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Masterz1337 offered me a shlong time ago to test his abominations, but I rejected him like the boss I am.

All Spv3 tags will be released when cmt bug fixes it... or something.

GirtheDoge

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 10:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Oh ok when will they release the tags

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 02:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
First of all, you dont move tags around(unless you know what you're doing), as that is literally THE SOLE CAUSE of dependency issues(as well as deleting tags). You can move the scenario though(including OS ones I think). As for how you actually USE the tags to make a map, I can't find a good tutorial to explain, but I'm sure someone else here can. There's a steep learning curve before you can really start doing anything significant with this engine. Also, quick note, Mozzarilla has a broken dependency scanner in its tools section. Make sure your tags directory is correct before you run it, or it will report every dependency as broken.

Secondly, I'm working on some massive changes to Refinery right now, but they'll take maybe another week or so. A few of those changes involve making all tags rippable from yelo resource maps, which includes spv3. See, spv3 ships with a bitmaps.map, sounds.map, loc.map, -bitmaps.map, -sounds.map, -loc.map. The ones with a dash are the resource maps Refinery should actually be using, as they contain all the bitmaps/sounds/strings the SPv3 maps share.

Even if they are loaded properly though, there are certain tags in the loc.map that wouldnt rip properly because I set it to assume all additional tags in the loc.map would be unicode_string_list tags, but they aren't. I'm fixing that right now.

Also, somehow, some way, whatever compiled the maps managed to screw up some of the path strings slightly, causing Refinery to choke when trying to display them in a hierarchy view. What I mean is that some of the paths had double backslashes in them like this:
"cmt\scenarios\singleplayer\a30\\hud messages"
That's not a valid path, so even if refinery got around to extracting it, it would probably cause issues writing it to the disk. This is fixed now.

So yeah, just be patient and you'll be able to rip the rest of the tags soon enough. Also, these aren't the only changes I've been making. Refinery can now handle multiple maps open at once and you can switch between them and you can now sort tags by their path, pointer, or tag index id.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 21, 2017 at 02:59 PM

GirtheDoge

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 07:10 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Thanks MOE I'll keep playin with halo custom edition for a while after a couple months if i still dont have spv3s tags then i'll just quit and switch to some other game like making ai battles on skyrim (which is extremely easy to do)

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 05:37 AM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Why do you need the SPV3 tags
You can make AI battles perfectly fine without them

GirtheDoge

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 07:26 PM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Are you talking about making ai battles with completely different AI tags(like sayyyyyyy original halo ce tags) or are you saying I can make ai battles WITH SPV3 AI but without placing in a map in OS_Sapien
I need SPV3's Tags just to place them in some random map and watch them fight. there is no other way to make ai battles without placing them on maps from what I heard
If you meant using an alternate AI tagset then im not doin it. SPV3s tags are the best I have ever saw. The only exception I have is Altehros's AI tags
Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 22, 2017 at 07:30 PM

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 04:40 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
I donít have time to explain why using spv3 tags is worth your time... Masterz1337 doesn't know anything about classic halo's balance.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 09:12 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Unless Masterz releases everything as a working folder full of tags, one of my buddies has so far tinkered with and gotten every scenario and bsp working (don't know if they work with OS or non OS, left that detail out) and he's reversed engineered some weapons and bipeds to work as non OS tags so far. Hopefully he'll release them to all if Masterz doesn't eventually.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 07:17 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
In case you didn't realize, the update to Refinery is out. Run the updater and rip to your heart's content.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 9:01 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website