A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Tutorial] How to make a Halo Map

Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to make a Halo Map (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

Death does not bring you any closer to God.

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 02:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I have recorded several video tutorials throughout the years which demonstrate how to make a playable game level for Halo PC. I recorded a new video tutorial that presents the map authoring procedure to new map authors. I am featuring that as the first video in my playlist "Halo Modding Complete Tutorial Series".

How to make a Halo Map

Please recommend or record some more videos for the tutorial series.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 07:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
I've got a number of videos I recorded on this subject as part of an online course here: http://www.eternitywarestudios.xyz/DLT/page1.html

sparky

Death does not bring you any closer to God.

Posted: Sep 30, 2017 06:03 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
I remember reading that web site you designed. I'll take a look at the video tutorials to make sure I've got them all in my playlist.

I'm working on a new series of tutorials. The goal is to be concise and present only immediately useful information. My approach is to record myself performing a single task from start to finish and editing in a voice-over that describes the process.

Here is the first video, which describes how to install and set up a Halo map authoring environment: Installation

I plan to have future videos include general information about game files and to continue with tutorial-based themes like making a new level environment and designing various kinds of tags, animations, and generally doing modding tasks.
Edited by sparky on Sep 30, 2017 at 06:07 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 3:21 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website