A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »[Map export request] Looking for Halo CE singleplayer maps as OBJ

Author Topic: [Map export request] Looking for Halo CE singleplayer maps as OBJ (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

fvr2112

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 07:17 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hi guys!

I've been trying to get the a30 map exported from the .map to Unity for around 4-5 hours now and I think it'd be better to beg the experts on here for help. I've used SparkEdit to export the map i want to obj but the normals are flipped (fixable in blender), and the UVs are (gone?) wrong. I'd love to get this map exported to obj with the mtl, and I'd be happy to paypal someone who could help me out. Thanks!

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 01:11 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Just use Adjutant and don't waste your money.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45590

fvr2112

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 02:48 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
That does seem to be an improvement wrt the UVs and the flipped normals but there's still a glaring issue: the export from adjutant has only 33 "clusters" (submeshes) whereas the sparkedit has around 160. this means many of the meshes are welded together in the adjutant and so the materials aren't separated correctly. i'll try to work on splitting up the objects to see if it's doable time-wise but I certainly appreciate your advice and I'm still looking for someone to do this for me. Thanks!

sparky

sparky#0096

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 11:02 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
BSP Tag Converter Download
Other Downloads
Tutorial Video Demonstration
Tutorial Series
My Discord Server About Halo

I'd be happy to "do this for you" if you want. However, as you have noticed, the available programs are flawed or not simple, and I'm the kind of person who does definitive things including programming, and I plan to have all these tags available without issues later. In the mean time, use the links I provided here or ask me to do this using the available programs.
Edited by sparky on Oct 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 9:00 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website