A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Help With Sapien Editing!

Author Topic: Help With Sapien Editing! (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 09:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 17       
Every time I try to add Sentinel AI to a map it gives me a message saying "Not all the selected tags could be added to palette."

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 10:45 AM    Msg. 2 of 17       
Your tag has missing references. You can open the debug.txt file included in your CE folder, and see what's happening. It should say that one or more tags references are missing and so.

For example (you need to open Guerilla once you know what's happening thanks to the debug.txt report): This biped has 3 missing files: the gbxmodel, the .model_animations and the collision_geometry. Those files could be in another folder, renamed or even deleted. If these files are not existing anymore, the .actor_variant will fail to open. That's why you need to check your debug.txt in order to know how many references are missing. I hope this could help.

Edited by Isxz on Nov 8, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 08:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
best thing to do, add the sentinal to the game with Guerilla, try to compile, and the compiler will tell you exactly what tags you are missing, keep adding the missing tags until it compiles fine.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 09:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
Install the MEK, run Mozzarilla, set your tags directory to your halo custom edition one, go into its tools section, run the tags directory scanner, hit "select all" and hit run. When it finally finishes it'll tell you which tags in that folder are trying to reference another tag that is missing.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50424
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 8, 2017 at 09:36 PM

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 01:34 AM    Msg. 5 of 17       
The problem is whenever I try to load any map with sentinels on sapien it doesn't open. I could download a working online map with sentinels,get the scenario file and it still won't open.i downloaded the files off halo maps.org. One of you has to have the answer !
Edited by JoshGee on Nov 9, 2017 at 01:44 AM
Edited by JoshGee on Nov 9, 2017 at 01:54 AM

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 07:08 AM    Msg. 6 of 17       
Listen to Moses
Edited by cippozzo on Nov 9, 2017 at 09:24 AM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 08:14 AM    Msg. 7 of 17       
LITERALLY DO WHAT I SAID. The scenario file is not all a map is. A map consists of thousands of individual files that link together. The scenario references the sentinel.biped tag, which references a sentinel.gbxmodel tag, which references shaders which reference bitmaps. You can think of this as a "tree" of dependencies. You NEED EVERY SINGLE ONE of the tags in this tree to be in your tags directory. If even one is missing it wont load in sapien.

I have written a tool that will literally scan through every tag in a tags directory and tell you which tags point to a tag that is missing. It will tell you which tag is missing, which tag needs it, and the name of the field in the tag that needs it.

If you do what I said earlier you will have this tool to use.

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 01:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 17       
Mozzarilla no console isn't opening at all. Mozzarella console is but it takes me to the twindow and says ImportError:no module named mozzarilla
Edited by JoshGee on Nov 9, 2017 at 01:35 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 01:38 PM    Msg. 9 of 17       
I linked you to the installer which contains the mek's setup file, a readme on how to install the mek, and 2 python installers. Do what the readme says. Texource is an entirely different program than mozzarilla, but they are both in the MEK.

EDIT: You didn't properly install the MEK. It can't find mozzarilla. If you chose the portable install then don't move the files it created out of the MEK. They have to be in there with the mek_lib folder. I recommend you dont do a portable install if you plan to move the files around.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 9, 2017 at 02:15 PM

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 03:53 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
Your programming isnt working correctly i followed your directions and it still failed MEK doesnt open when i reinstall python. Debug has helped showing me the errors i just neeed to find someway of getting those files.
Edited by JoshGee on Nov 9, 2017 at 03:56 PM

BlaCk9Jack9

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 04:05 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
I am having similar problems as well when I try to add tags like Pelican, Arbiter, or the DMR weapon. I looked on Youtube only to come up empty handed as I am sure you did. Moses what can I do to get correct tags?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 04:13 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
Run the mek's installer again and hit install, but this time check "show detailed information" and show me what the installer spits out.

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 04:16 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
I would have done that but every time I press the mek literally nothing happens

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 04:23 PM    Msg. 14 of 17       
You're going to need to be more verbatim with your explanations of what you're doing. What do you mean "press the mek". Fully form your responses before you respond. You aren't the first person to talk like this and you wont be the last, but without usable information I cannot help you.

What is the current state of your machine? Do you have python installed? What version? If you cant run mek_installer.pyw then you don't have python installed.

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 04:27 PM    Msg. 15 of 17       
You were talking about running the MEK program and I explained what happened when I tried to run it. Nothing. I will attempt to reinstall your program from your link. Update: Everytime I reinstall it, it already says its installed even though I already uninstalled Python.

Edited by JoshGee on Nov 9, 2017 at 04:34 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 07:22 PM    Msg. 16 of 17       
Restarting your computer inbetween installs and uninstalls tends to help.
I'm not super knowledgeable or anything but something something registry values leftover or whatnot.
Edited by Spartan314 on Nov 10, 2017 at 07:23 PM

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 04:13 AM    Msg. 17 of 17       
Moses, you're going to kill yourself if you keep trying to help every braindead pleb you come across.

Please understand that there are many individuals out there who, if not granted the instant accessibility of an .exe that they simply run and expect to work immediately, are not going to be able to comprehend what it is that is required of them to get the MEK working properly.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 22, 2017 3:09 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website