A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Port randomly changing on Dedi server

Author Topic: Port randomly changing on Dedi server (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 08:47 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
So somehow i managed to setup my own dedicated server, everything works, people can join and i'm using SAPP. The problem is when i restart my PC the port of the IP address of the server randomly changes, i have specified the port "2312" when launching the server and also i have set up my PC's IP address to static, but the port keeps randomly changing which forces me to have to ask a friend to join the server and tell me in what port is it on, which is really annoying, any help is appreciated.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 11:39 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
So somehow i managed to setup my own dedicated server, everything works, people can join and i'm using SAPP. The problem is when i restart my PC the port of the IP address of the server randomly changes, i have specified the port "2312" when launching the server and also i have set up my PC's IP address to static, but the port keeps randomly changing which forces me to have to ask a friend to join the server and tell me in what port is it on, which is really annoying, any help is appreciated.
I have never seen that happen. If you don't specify the port on the command line it will default to port 2302. the way to change the port is to specify it on the command line at startup with the directive "-port 2322" for example. I have never heard of it changing the ports before. Are you running some third party app that may be doing it or is it a vanilla CE server?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 22, 2017 3:02 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website