A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »AI Driving

Author Topic: AI Driving (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 18, 2017 10:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Does anybody know how to make ai drive. I am familiar with the process on sapien but do not know how to do the final scripting part.

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Nov 18, 2017 11:16 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
AI will not drive on their own completely. It must be completely scripted from starting point to end point.

All that really happens is there is a couple settings in the vehicle that allow the AI to get in and drive at a certain speed (say like a warthog, which isnt set up for AI driving, will need these settings added to em. Look at the warthog from Takedown: Project Lawson). Then all that happens is the ai is placed into the driver seat and then follows a command list from the first point to the last point.

Look up a scripting bible, then look up these useful scripts:
unit_enter_vehicle (if you want to use a biped instead of an ai)
ai_attach (if you want to use a biped instead of an ai)
ai_command_list_by_unit (if you want to use a biped instead of an ai)
vehicle_load_magic
ai_command_list

The script should be including with the Project Lawson download so you can prolly look up the script itself. Just search for those certain commands in the script until you find something that looks like it
Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 18, 2017 at 11:17 PM

JoshGee

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 12:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Okay so I got them driving but the driver drives randomly and doesn't go towards the point blocks. He kills my ai in the process !

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 4:33 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website